Rs 20k to 20 L .....in 12 months time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

marimuthu13

i have a doubt about the last few legs ..of your trading plan.Hope you can clear the doubt..

You are planning to buy 10-20 lots of crude for last leg of points.Let's say you are ordering 10 lots of crude.5 people trading with you,I am assuming they are also doing the same.

so we have 5 x 10 = 50 lots

Now I am estimating 20 people are following this thread,employing their own money.

20 x 10 = 200 + original 50 = 250

And if everybody is buying 20 lots then it would come close to 400-450 lots.

Market depth at any price is 300-400 lots in average.

So if everybody following this thread here tries to buy and end up giving orders of 400 lots where market depth is say 300 lots at that point,Don't you think it will significantly alter the depth and thereby impacting the price or risk not being filled?

Do you think crude has enough depth to get a sudden 500 lot order without moving price significantly?
I have no doubt order will be filled but at what price??
This is screen shot right now.

And in effect, we are buying as a group.

If a buy order comes at 3175 of 500 quantity where will it get filled completely? If my understanding is correct,at least someone's order will get filled at 3176,continuing to 3177 and 3178.

My query is with regard to that.

Secondly, if I see e,g a 600 lot order at 3179,won't I get curious?
If you have doubt - Place limit order, so no worries about adverse price. Even as a group, the orders are minuscule. The orders book that is visible to us on the screen, are just flashed, amended and cancelled in less than blink of the eye... Algos test depth of market with hundreds of lots of major contracts and move the market with thousands more.... D/S, Pivots, Levels are all tested before a move is made.... and a trader to make money, has to take some risk. If the strategy is tested and one has confidence in it, what others do should not matter..... Just my view.
@ DSM and others,

Classic example of what Riddhi has mentioned about order NOT filling of higher qty's at particular price is classic examples of yesterday buy entry trigger @ 3143.. few got filled, few didn't get. ( 3143 is LOD )

your explanation is all about liquidity in crude contract for a period (day or 5 minutes periods) but Riddhi concerned (me too) about order getting filled at particular price..

its not about yesterday entry alone, same thing happened on 2nd Aug , Sell at 2736. Order got filled for few's not for few's. ( 2736 is HOD)

and about 4-5 trades, entry was missed by just 1-2 points.

Please put your thoughts ....

DSM

Marimuthu,

1. Depends upon when you place the order. There is an order queue, so the time the order is placed is important, and as your levels are known to you in advance, try to place them at the market open.

2. As had shown in the xl sheet I posted, price can also come back after sometime once the demand/supply situation is assessed.

3. You need to check out how many days you missed being filled in at limit. A trade off will be to enter at market. This is the cost of doing business.

4. From your experience, if you have missed entry only on two days out of 29 this month, it may be worth continuing a disciplined approach of making an entry at your price than chasing price - as long as this makes you money.

5. Biggies have access to deeper order levels - qty as well as the price, which they will try to use to their advantage. There is very little a retail trader can do about it in my view... But I feel that placing the order at the start should resolve your problems to a great extent....

Just my view.....

@ DSM and others,

Classic example of what Riddhi has mentioned about order NOT filling of higher qty's at particular price is classic examples of yesterday buy entry trigger @ 3143.. few got filled, few didn't get. ( 3143 is LOD )

your explanation is all about liquidity in crude contract for a period (day or 5 minutes periods) but Riddhi concerned (me too) about order getting filled at particular price..

its not about yesterday entry alone, same thing happened on 2nd Aug , Sell at 2736. Order got filled for few's not for few's. ( 2736 is HOD)

and about 4-5 trades, entry was missed by just 1-2 points.

Please put your thoughts ....

Status
Not open for further replies.