Get on with 20k initial investment

Hi,

I am newbie here(trading). willing to start, but not knowing how and where.
Finally found this blog which is helping many like me.
I am good at observing and learning.
So, could any one here please suggest me some specific stocks to buy and observe for some time(may be a week) and sell.
I am planning to invest 20K(might sound silly, but my inexperience doesn't allow me more than this).
I want to increment it with 50k per month.

Please suggest whatever u feel will help me.

Last edited:

narangji

Hi,

So, could any one here please suggest me some specific stocks to buy and observe for some time(may be a week) and sell.
I am planning to invest 20K(might sound silly, but my inexperience doesn't allow me more than this).

Hi

I was a newbie like you, I don't want to disappoint you but there are few rules that has helped me to be a better trader over the period of time. Every where you will see, people will talk about money management and rules and strategy.

PS: Expect to loose most of the amount that you are about to invest as tuition fees for the market. If you cant afford that don't enter.

1. Make sure you know entry and exit point of every trade you do. This should be decided before you start the trade.

2. Never ever ever trade without a Stop Loss (for day trade).

3. Limit your losses do trailing stop losses on your profits (for day, positional and delivery).

4. Remember making profit or loss is not important but strict discipline while trading is a must.

5. If you don't like to limit your profit's let the trailing stop loss do it for you ( break this rule and market has the capacity to eat everything you have)

Never get overconfident and always learn. I am still in phase of learning technical analysis.

Stay here and read and comment on many posts as you can. If you don't understand ask this is what I do. Don't give up

All the best

Regards
Narangji

hi i would suggest u go threw website called
Code:
http://jesse-livermore.com/
a lot to learn from him .....

secondly i suggest u can start with buying shares whatever interest u . if i was u i would go for tata motors or nifty 1 lot ...

do remember once u decide to go for this business consider u are diving in swimming pool where at other end there is crocodile and it will eat u alive :xD

i lost a lot of money in my 1-3 yrs of trading after then i started doing reverse lol and lmao now it;s good

stock72

Not silly ..it is most intelligent thing u could do ..the silly is adding 50k monthly .. Limit to same 20k ..even 5 to10kper month and prove urself and see the results for next 10 months and post it here ..I suggest to with 5 k per month ..
Hi,

Not silly ..it is most intelligent thing u could do ..the silly is adding 50k monthly .. Limit to same 20k ..even 5 to10kper month and prove urself and see the results for next 10 months and post it here ..I suggest to with 5 k per month ..

I would strongly recommend not to play with 5 to 10 k per month to any new person.

Make sure you never Loose more then 0.5% of your capital in 1 day. Consider 22 trading days in a month your maximum loss to the capital should not be more then 11% that comes to Rs 2200. This way you still retain 89% of your capital after 1 month of trading. This is also on the higher side, I seriously think you should not trade before you have a Trading Plan and Money management system. But that's just my view.

Make sure you never Loose more then 0.5% of your capital in 1 day.
:confused::confused::confused:

I am sure you want to prevent newbies from unluck with your kind post. Still: 0.5% is a very tight frame. I do not have any idea of what you trade and how your trading strategy and trading plan looks, but depending on this you could give your self a bit more room on this number. But as you wrote: Each one has his own view and trading style, so nothing is written in stone expect: Risk control is a must be.

Have a nice day

Last edited:
20 k enough, your target should be 40k , before that, do trade experimental basis and learn knowledge about share trading. dont bring every month 50 k it is wrong thing.