Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

Mr.G

Hello seniors, i have a question regarding the amount to be invested in a particular stock when you pick it for long term.

I've read that 5% of the total capital should be invested and like that form a portfolio of 10-20 stocks. This will also provide diversification.

Any views on this?
I think thats for trading with stocks. I might be wrong too, Dont know about trading. Now as far as investing goes, there is no hard and fast rule about how much to put into a particular stock.

If you have three ideas. one good idea, one great idea and one excellent idea, then what would you feel like if you were forced to put equal amount in all ideas? Naturally for the best performance you will put more money into your excellent idea and less and less money as your idea quality degrades.

:thumb: Cheers Mate

Nice performance Einstein.

How did you get the conviction to enter Alembic Pharma? I could not get past financial data prior to 2012. I can guess the annual reports helped but I'm currently at the stage where I need recent historical financial data to back up annual report information.

Last edited:

DSM

Great going Einstein,

More power to you!! :clap::clap::clap:

And they said 100% compounding year after year is not possible..:)