Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

Einstein

China have lost around 50% of their market cap now. and mainly because of china, world market cap of equity is down 14 trillion$ since june.

Now the question is, Are we part of this bubble too?

I prefer Japan to China for investment. Japanese stocks perform closer to Indian, American and Western European markets.

Einstein

I prefer Japan to China for investment. Japanese stocks perform closer to Indian, American and Western European markets.
They are even worse. average return on equity of top 30 Japanese companies is around 5%.

Last edited:
They are even worse. average return on equity of top 30 Japanese companies is around 5%.
'Top' as in market cap or business efficiency?

I haven't looked at Japanese companies based on market cap or brand.

Currently I look for certain business efficiency metrics and then look at the markets for companies that meet those requirements, group them into the nation they belong to and then compare which nation's markets are more rewarding.

Einstein

3-4 years back I saw a stock, an awsome opportunity which I posted as an MUST BUY in my forums at that time, but I was not able to invest due to lack of capital, now the stock is expensive, I was just checking the reason why this stock went up 10x since the last time from a business owner's prospecting and the case study is really fascination,its true that its not easy to do business in india, but this is a real Cinderella story which every business analyst/ value investor should see. I hope you guys will enjoy it as well! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD1-OPCdqaw

monkeybusiness

3-4 years back I saw a stock, an awsome opportunity which I posted as an MUST BUY in my forums at that time, but I was not able to invest due to lack of capital, now the stock is expensive, I was just checking the reason why this stock went up 10x since the last time from a business owner's prospecting and the case study is really fascination,its true that its not easy to do business in india, but this is a real Cinderella story which every business analyst/ value investor should see. I hope you guys will enjoy it as well! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD1-OPCdqaw
Sir,

Very inspiring video, request you to kindly post here if you come across any such stock in future.

Einstein

Einstein, Do you still have Cairn in your portfolio?
I sold all when the price of oil came started to came down, margins are screwed now, but its still cheap. if the oil price goes back to 100$ level, I will buy this again and heavily.

add: my ROI on cairn(not on whole portfolio) was down 18%, sometimes you really cannot do anything about it. fundamentals can change quickly too!
But if warren buffett can sold billion $ worth exxon within a month of buying, who am I to argue? charlie munger said something about thumb sucking syndrome(worth reading), if the facts changes, ACT!! don't wait.

Last edited: