Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

sunny_cool

What are your views on Asian Paints ? Its in your portfolio...is it still a buy at these levels for long term investment ?

Einstein

What are your views on Asian Paints ? Its in your portfolio...is it still a buy at these levels for long term investment ?
I like asian paits its AAA business. but I will never buy a business no matter how good it is, until it is not under its intersic value by atleast 20%. If you do simple maths on compounding the different is huge.

saakk

which one is better heromotors or bajaj auto....???? getting long entry in both....

deadbrain

I'm starting to make a portfolio of 20 stocks. Included so far are hdfc bank, sbi, Aurobindo Pharma, Britannia, CCL products, Tata Motors, and Manappuram Finance....Can you please suggest some more good stocks!

I'm starting to make a portfolio of 20 stocks. Included so far are hdfc bank, sbi, Aurobindo Pharma, Britannia, CCL products, Tata Motors, and Manappuram Finance....Can you please suggest some more good stocks!
Asian Paints, Maruti, Bosch, Eicher Motors, Lupin,Sun Pharma to name a few.

Smart_trade

Einstein

That fine, will suggest few but tell me, Are you marking a watchlist or a portfolio? 20 stock is way overcrowded, I would suggest you to invest in few carefully chosen stocks, the number should be 4-6 stocks, if your investment is below 1 crore.

Last edited:

deadbrain

That fine, will suggest few but tell me, Are you marking a watchlist or a portfolio? 20 stock is way overcrowded, I would suggest you to invest in few carefully chosen stocks, the number should be 4-6 stocks, if your investment is below 1 crore.

The number 20 is to reduce the risk of capital invested. Have seen even the best of best stocks to fall drastically. E.g. Motherson sumi, Tata Motors were favorite once, but they reacted to a bad news and fell like anything. My view is to make a list of 20 good stocks and then look for entry points, like I just bought Tata Motors at 330+.

Not an expert, but I feel I can get better, if not best, returns with this portfolio. Thanks in advance.