Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

r u getting streaming quotes in ami from ur trading terminal?

btw what is ur trading terminal?

sr
SR

He states he is getting RT data fine. Only backfill is problem.

YRJadeja.
Have a look at setting date time in windows. Video link in my signature.

tempest

FXGOOD

actually u r right, so we sud immediately stop all kind of aggressive read , write operation of the HDD. eg- all office operation, downloading and saving of music, films etc.

btw, how many hdd of urs have failed. i have used hdd from 1gb to 160gb max, and my 20gb and 40 gb hdd (which are 9-10 years old) along the last 160gb hdd are still running after those aggressive read write operation. so dont spread panic in this way as we are not that computer savvy and we will understand this thing differently.

so please refrain from this type of stuff. and to others - read write operations never harms the hdd as this is the main thing that hdd are supposed to do

sr

Yeah Sr114, dont you know by now...if you use anything other than the vendor and platform being mentioned in all his posts your computer will blow up and area surrounding will not get rain for 15 years.

If you take that vendor your computer will automatically get upgraded to a mainframe and also be able to trade by voice command.......it will also give you a foot massage from time to time ;)

Rubbish.........!
Hi Josh,

Been away from traderji for sometime.And find you done a whole lot of great works.Your help to us new traders is absolutely priceless.
Pl help me on RT feed to FchartsSE.I am getting the RT xlsm(your utility) to get noticed by Fcharts but am not able to set up the chart window.Hence cant see the charts.
Thanks in advance.
regards
PKJEE

sr114

I am not creating any panic here sir my none of laptops wont last than 1 - 2 yrs at best and if i use this kind of read write tool for data feed case then sure it affects life of Hard disk technically none can deny this.

Are you using this data tools last 9 - 10 yrs old not right? at last if data is lost for me it worth more than i can spend on basic data feeds i need , it is up to users what to choose , its just my view i am a successful trader and capable of spending for decent data not worried much about this kind of tools and just shared my view it may cost users more if they lost hdd and their data than saving some penny from this kind of unprofessional tools
FXGOOD

u may be a successful trader, u use professional data feed, u use a laptop which never last more than 1-2 years.

but i use a desktop - athlon cpu - and it is running for last three years efficiently. my hdd is from seagate (normally i use seagate 1). also i have another machine ( this 1 also has athlon cpu) and its from 2003 and still running. the hdd is also from seagate of 40gb and it still functions after so many read write operations . so the questions is not of aggressive read write operation.

another thing - u do not understand - the professional data feed stuff - it has also to be saved in the hdd - means the read write operation ( may be in ur case it is cloud computing - the data feed residing in the data feed's storage and u r only accessing it). so the main thing is that u have to store - write the data in hdd and when doing analysis u have to fetch it - read operation.

last thing - try to invest in a good quality laptop - of the highest quality costing a bit more than u r using now and it will last for some more time ( greater than 1-2 years).

so never ever have this type of notion - read write operation will destroy the hdd, proferssional data feed is better than free data feed( professional 1 also has to be developed like the free 1 and they never came from pluto or neptune)

sr

sr114

Hi Josh,

Been away from traderji for sometime.And find you done a whole lot of great works.Your help to us new traders is absolutely priceless.
Pl help me on RT feed to FchartsSE.I am getting the RT xlsm(your utility) to get noticed by Fcharts but am not able to set up the chart window.Hence cant see the charts.
Thanks in advance.
regards
PKJEE
Dr PKJEE

if FchartsSW can notice the RT xlm then u can try every possible option there and u will get the charts. i tried once - its easier. try again - and u will get it.

otherwise pm tomorrow in mkt hrs and it can be fixed then

sr

josh1

Hi Josh,

Thanks in advance.
regards
PKJEE
Very easy. follow Post #30 on page 3 of this thread. You just have to give the column and row where your RT data starts. Note: FchartSE will give 1 minute bars or greater time interval.

josh1

sir thanks for your rply
if u have time i give team viewer id password
plz check my system
tnk
PM your TV id. Will look at it tomorrow morning

Status
Not open for further replies.