Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

KAL.YUG

I could try that though the installation video seemed very specific about where Nest needs to be put but perhaps, it's worth a try since other solutions aren't working.

Ok, now I understand but for some reason, it doesn't do anything in my case.

True, unfortunately.

Well, I put RTD exactly where the installation video said it should be put, & if I'm not mistaken, the installation video was also made on a virtual Windows. No, RTD is inside Windows in a way; the simplest way would be think of a folder inside a folder; so, Linux is like main folder, Windows is inside Linux & RTD is inside Windows; I don't know how to explain it any better. Right, no problem, I'm not an expert either, so I appreciate your willingness to help out. Obviously, I did think about that as well when I first decided to try out RTD a few days ago but I don't have MS Office, so I might have to get a cracked version or something but I haven't found a good/safe one yet. Though again, @josh1 seems to have said that MS Office isn't absolutely necessary for RTD to run.
I understood. Like those dolls ... dolls within dolls.
In that case where did you install Apache Open Office - in Linux (guessing- in Linux) or in windows. May be that could be the reason you are facing problem when you say:

Link to Open Office is available.

View attachment 34185

But clicking on those sub-option within Link to Open Office produces the following error.

View attachment 34186

P.S:
1. Please also take note of Josh1's most recent reply
Did you check if NestFeedOo.dll exists (i.e. in folder xxxx\\NestFeedOo\NestFeedOo.dll)

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot that you are on Linux and and not windows.
BTW, you also have Z NeTr, then why not try with it instead of F NeTr.
Right, though Nest, RTD & Amibroker are inside Windows.

Right, I will try that.

@Newbie Day-Trader
Dude, RTD is not finding any scrip in rtdman.ini file. Check if scrips are present there. If yes, we have to check why it cannot.
I know but as you see in my earlier INI file as well as this fresh one, they are there. Right.

INI.png

I understood. Like those dolls ... dolls within dolls.
In that case where did you install Apache Open Office - in Linux (guessing- in Linux) or in windows. May be that could be the reason you are facing problem when you say:

Link to Open Office is available.

View attachment 34185

But clicking on those sub-option within Link to Open Office produces the following error.

View attachment 34186

P.S:
1. Please also take note of Josh1's most recent reply
Did you check if NestFeedOo.dll exists (i.e. in folder xxxx\\NestFeedOo\NestFeedOo.dll)
I guess. :p Apache Open Office has been installed in Windows since that's where RTD, Nest & Amibroker has also been installed.

Again, scrips are present in INI file.
No, no such file was found anywhere.

KAL.YUG

Right, I will try that.

I know but as you see in my earlier INI file as well as this fresh one, they are there. Right.

View attachment 34199

I guess. :p Apache Open Office has been installed in Windows since that's where RTD, Nest & Amibroker has also been installed.

One of your screen shot says "NestFeedOo.dll not found"

File contents of NestFeedOo in Nest folder (Z_Nesttrader 3.11.4)
May be some files are missing try reinstalling

NstFldr.png

One of your screen shot says "NestFeedOo.dll not found"

File contents of NestFeedOo in Nest folder (Z_Nesttrader 3.11.4)
May be some files are missing try reinstalling

View attachment 34201
Hmm, that .dll file doesn't show up in my Nest folder of either Finvasia or Zerodha, even though I tried to re-install each one of them at a time, one after another.

NDT bro
do you have ZT 3.11, then nothing better than that
After seeing both of your posts, I actually opened one of my older virtual Windows, & found Zerodha Nest 3.11.4.5 & installed that on my latest Windows but it isn't letting me log in after the 2FA answers; it keeps saying incorrect answers, even though I'm 200% sure that my answers are correct as I'd been putting them in every day for many years.

Last edited:

Right, I will try that.

View attachment 34199

Did you check that the necessary columns are present in market watch and the scrips updating?

Zerodha 3.11 is still working.
I don't really know, just now, firstly I tried to log into Zerodha Nest 3.11 on one virtual Windows, where it didn't let me past the 2FA questions several times, then within minutes, I was able to log into Zerodha Nest 3.16 on another virtual Windows with the same 2FA questions. Maybe they discontinue log-ins on older versions for people who haven't used them for a long time.

Did you check that the necessary columns are present in market watch and the scrips updating?
They definitely are since I very meticulously followed the instructions given in the installation videos.