Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

NDT bro
the black command window gives you just a flash or you can read some commands there also of the scrips of master watch.
I also faced this issue and solved it using some jugaad. you may read some of y previous posts in this regard
this one, black command window, I was talking of

rtdm.png

Only installed RTD a couple of days ago. I don't typically use Amibroker & I didn't have MS Office on my virtual Windows (the host OS on my PC is Linux Mint), so previously, I'd never dared to install it since I wasn't sure if RTD would work without Excel but it looks like it works with Apache Open Office as well.
as you are are using Apache Open Office, cant say, whether it is an issue or not, as for real time data, terminal MW data goes to Ami via Office, thro link to excel.
Just check, whether when you click link to excel the sheet in Ap Office has moving quotes or not.

josh1

Open command prompt. Change directory to RTD_1.60. Start RTDman.exe and see what it does.
RTD REQUIRES OFFICE ONLY TO CHECK WHETHER IT IS ENABLED BY BROKER. OTHERWISE OFFICE IS NOT REQUIRED.
You can check Link to open office.

reboot PC and run all 3 as administrator
Tried this but no success.

View attachment 34148

Have you tried this?
Refresh by selecting all check boxes and click refresh button
Tried it again on your recommendation but every time I click on refresh button, I get this error-like message, & nothing happens.

refresh.png

as a jugaad,
do you have any other NestTrader,
if yes, do open that also and then click start with the RTD, you are working with
Should I uninstall Finvasia Nest then? Since it is occupying C:\Omnesys\Nest3, I can't install Zerodha's Nest in the exact same directory path while Finvasia's Nest is still present. And, I don't know if RTD would still work if I installed Zerodha's Nest with some other directory path.

as you are are using Apache Open Office, cant say, whether it is an issue or not, as for real time data, terminal MW data goes to Ami via Office, thro link to excel.
Just check, whether when you click link to excel the sheet in Ap Office has moving quotes or not.
Saved a .csv file by right-clicking on scrip, & when I opened it, it opened in OpenOffice Calc but no, the quotes inside that spreadsheet weren't moving.

Open command prompt. Change directory to RTD_1.60. Start RTDman.exe and see what it does.
RTD REQUIRES OFFICE ONLY TO CHECK WHETHER IT IS ENABLED BY BROKER. OTHERWISE OFFICE IS NOT REQUIRED.
You can check Link to open office.
It produced this message (the same message that I momentarily get when I Start RTD normally).

cd.png

Link to Open Office is available.

Link to Open Office 1.png

But clicking on those sub-option within Link to Open Office produces the following error.

Link to Open Office error.png

EDIT : Not sure if this has any relevance at all but when I connect Interactive Brokers TWS to Amibroker, then Amibroker charts/candles update real-time every second (though the problem is that IB's candle-high/lows aren't always as accurate as those on Nest, which is why I'd prefer to use RTDman if I could).

Last edited:
Tried this but no success.

Tried it again on your recommendation but every time I click on refresh bu, I get this error-like message, & nothing happens.

View attachment 34188

Should I uninstall Finvasia Nest then? Since it is occupying C:\Omnesys\Nest3, I can't install Zerodha's Nest in the exact same directory path while Finvasia's Nest is still present. And, I don't know if RTD would still work if I installed Zerodha's Nest with some other directory path.

Saved a .csv file by right-clicking on scrip, & when I opened it, it opened in OpenOffice Calc but no, the quotes inside that spreadsheet weren't moving.

It produced this message (the same message that I momentarily get when I Start RTD normally).

View attachment 34184

Link to Open Office is available.

View attachment 34185

But clicking on those sub-option within Link to Open Office produces the following error.

View attachment 34186

EDIT : Not sure if this has any relevance at all but when I connect Interactive Brokers TWS to Amibroker, then Amibroker charts/candles update real-time every second (though the problem is that IB's candle-high/lows aren't always as accurate as those on Nest, which is why I'd prefer to use RTDman if I could).
You may install Z NeTr in a different directory say in C drive, while that of F NeTr in ProgramFiles. I dont think that placement of RTD and Ami anywhere (in a drive/directory), has a say in its not working

KAL.YUG

Newbie Day-Trader
1. When you add new symbols to watch list on nest the RT ticks don't start updating immediately, clicking on refresh button triggers that action (sending RT data from Nets to Amibroker).

2. Looks like all thst you try ends up at the same point
"Atleast one scrip needed
Press enter to qui
t"

Now, you say
" I didn't have MS Office on my virtual Windows (the host OS on my PC is Linux Mint), so previously, I'd never dared to install it since I wasn't sure if RTD would work without Excel but it looks like it works with Apache Open Office as well. "
may be the values/name/path in RTD 1.6 don't match. Or the installed windows is on a different drive.
I am not an expert - just speculating + trying to help. Why don't you try installing windows Office (at least custom install only excel if you don't want the whole package)

You may install Z NeTr in a different directory say in C drive, while that of F NeTr in ProgramFiles. I dont think that placement of RTD and Ami anywhere (in a drive/directory), has a say in its not working
I could try that though the installation video seemed very specific about where Nest needs to be put but perhaps, it's worth a try since other solutions aren't working.

Newbie Day-Trader
1. When you add new symbols to watch list on nest the RT ticks don't start updating immediately, clicking on refresh button triggers that action (sending RT data from Nets to Amibroker).

2. Looks like all thst you try ends up at the same point
"Atleast one scrip needed
Press enter to qui
t"

Now, you say
" I didn't have MS Office on my virtual Windows (the host OS on my PC is Linux Mint), so previously, I'd never dared to install it since I wasn't sure if RTD would work without Excel but it looks like it works with Apache Open Office as well. "
may be the values/name/path in RTD 1.6 don't match. Or the installed windows is on a different drive.
I am not an expert - just speculating + trying to help. Why don't you try installing windows Office (at least custom install only excel if you don't want the whole package)
Ok, now I understand but for some reason, it doesn't do anything in my case.

True, unfortunately.

Well, I put RTD exactly where the installation video said it should be put, & if I'm not mistaken, the installation video was also made on a virtual Windows. No, RTD is inside Windows in a way; the simplest way would be think of a folder inside a folder; so, Linux is like main folder, Windows is inside Linux & RTD is inside Windows; I don't know how to explain it any better. Right, no problem, I'm not an expert either, so I appreciate your willingness to help out. Obviously, I did think about that as well when I first decided to try out RTD a few days ago but I don't have MS Office, so I might have to get a cracked version or something but I haven't found a good/safe one yet. Though again, @josh1 seems to have said that MS Office isn't absolutely necessary for RTD to run.

Oh, I forgot that you are on Linux and and not windows.
BTW, you also have Z NeTr, then why not try with it instead of F NeTr.

josh1

@Newbie Day-Trader
Dude, RTD is not finding any scrip in rtdman.ini file. Check if scrips are present there. If yes, we have to check why it cannot.