Reading Price Charts Bar By Bar

You have to read all though there is fair amount of repeatition . Which one to read first is individual choice. If you are a trend trader, start with Reading Price Action Bar by Bar followed by Trading Price Action ( Trends),reversals and then ranges.

Smart_trade
hi smart_trade,

As you instructed i went through al brooks (trends) book and you wont believe i studied the book for almost 5 hrs without any break and at last wat i got nothing:annoyed:. i believe i'm not that stupid :) but still i want to know how you guyz made it, after reading a word i have to google or have to check glossary for terms that he mentioned :annoyed: but seriously i would say i'm getting more interested in learning his way of trading , but need your help.
can you please provide me any blog/forum link where his followers would have
discussed his strategy with examples that would be a great help for me.

thankz

murthyavr

hi smart_trade,

As you instructed i went through al brooks (trends) book and you wont believe i studied the book for almost 5 hrs without any break and at last wat i got nothing:annoyed:. i believe i'm not that stupid :) but still i want to know how you guyz made it, after reading a word i have to google or have to check glossary for terms that he mentioned :annoyed: but seriously i would say i'm getting more interested in learning his way of trading , but need your help.

thankz
Aaaaah...

I fore-warned you and told you that it is a very tough journey..

:rofl:

calic

You have to read all though there is fair amount of repeatition . Which one to read first is individual choice. If you are a trend trader, start with Reading Price Action Bar by Bar followed by Trading Price Action ( Trends),reversals and then ranges.

Smart_trade
Sir,
Is that really worth devoting time? I am asking this because right now I am going through James16 at forexfactory and I find it very useful.Are their methods similar?

Aaaaah...

I fore-warned you and told you that it is a very tough journey..

:rofl:
hehehe :thumb: , just googled all night and found few blogs and videos in youtube for my queries , now i would say i can see some light in front of me ..:lol:

let you know as i progress and also i intend to post few good points i.e main points of al brooks method in this post if it is ok with the person who started this post but it will take some time as i'm making some notes on it. :cool:

hi smart_trade,

thankz
I dont trade entirely on Al Brooks methods.....I have my own method which is essentially a price action and daytrading method. As I found many parallels in Al Brooks methods, I have read all his books number of times ( though I cannot claim that I have understood all :D). But I have picked up some of the trading ideas and incorporated in my trading and I found that every time I read these books, I find something new.

I suggest that you concentrate on 1-2 of his trading ideas and try to incorporate them in your trading. But if you find it too difficult, dont fight with it....trade with something else, and slowly keep reading these books....I understand that he also has a site where he discusses his daily trades done in e-mini futures and that needs some subscription....I have not seen that . He has also come out with a video course and some trader friends who have shared this video tell me that these videos are good. I know a few who came togather and shared the cost of the video.

Smart_trade

I dont trade entirely on Al Brooks methods.....I have my own method which is essentially a price action and daytrading method. As I found many parallels in Al Brooks methods, I have read all his books number of times ( though I cannot claim that I have understood all :D). But I have picked up some of the trading ideas and incorporated in my trading and I found that every time I read these books, I find something new.

I suggest that you concentrate on 1-2 of his trading ideas and try to incorporate them in your trading. But if you find it too difficult, dont fight with it....trade with something else, and slowly keep reading these books....I understand that he also has a site where he discusses his daily trades done in e-mini futures and that needs some subscription....I have not seen that . He has also come out with a video course and some trader friends who have shared this video tell me that these videos are good. I know a few who came togather and shared the cost of the video.

Smart_trade
true words bro:thumb: even after posting reply to you yesterday i went to read the books again from starting and i was able to grasp few things , even i have my own trading style but still i was feeling little bit not educated enough , so few days back i stepped on this post and at that point i got a feeling that this is the one i need to learn . so i'll give my best and take out as much as possible for al brooks method as i can .
thankz for your support and looking forward for more knowledgeable conversation with you. :thumb:

Sir,
Is that really worth devoting time? I am asking this because right now I am going through James16 at forexfactory and I find it very useful.Are their methods similar?
I just glanced through James16 thread in forexfactory and it seems it is a good thread. The aim of all of us in trading is to be profitable traders. If you like James16 methods and are comfortable with it, stick to it.

The trading method has to be easy to understand and the trader should be at total ease with his method. There are hundreds of ways of being profitable in the market ( but they are difficult to find and practice) , choose the one you are comfortable with.

Smart_trade

Subhadip

I just glanced through James16 thread in forexfactory and it seems it is a good thread. The aim of all of us in trading is to be profitable traders. If you like James16 methods and are comfortable with it, stick to it.

The trading method has to be easy to understand and the trader should be at total ease with his method. There are hundreds of ways of being profitable in the market ( but they are difficult to find and practice) , choose the one you are comfortable with.

Smart_trade
Thanks Sir.

rajesh.singh

Hi Hayerpa,
As ST Da, already advised just focus on few trading ideas or set ups initially, & stick to it and keep continue your reading ,for sure you will start getting hang of it
I just share the way I gained the most, this might be of some help..
First focus on just 2-3 set ups & try to understand those to fair amount of clarity & start trading.as per me if you have the interest then you must try first handeven if you are not very comfortable with set ups, trade small quantity , trade in Cash, but take first step by tradingthis will help you immensely in learning & save huge amount of time& for sure will built confidence.rest you already into trading so can easily relate what I mean to say.
Maintain an excel sheet & write your understanding & thoughts about particular bars & overall price action.initially it will be tedious , but it solve major two issues, first it will keep you focus during trading.& second it will make your learning curve faster,.. if you need a sample copy of my excel sheet then pm me.
Regarding reading as ST Da , already mentioned made a hard copy or download all the charts from publishers website, & during reading in half screen keep the text & in another half of screen keep the chartso that you dont have to flip or scroll back for chartsas real clarity will come from charts only.
Keep reading , as you must have noticed lot of repetition in every chart& this will help in understanding his language & thought process .
Daily go through his regular EOD update on E-Mini on his site & make a notes of ideas/thoughts.
His trading course is really good if you finding his reading difficult initially, .plus in course he guided lucidly how to trade his set ups.for me that was real helpful.
Post your doubts & understanding through charts, this will again be of great help for everyone, including you.
All the best:)
Regards,