Power Indiabulls (PIB) To Metastock/Amibroker Convertor

U

uasish

AshishDa ,..

As far as i know and i m using MS10 is EOD Version. Can not read intraday tick data. Do correct me if i m wrong.

Yeah its true that once u create any database in ms10 u can not use them in other version other then equelent or higher to it. That might be the problem. Though 10.1 offers nothing new other then keltner's systems. These experts can be read with 8 also but a little tricky. Stick to ms 8 or 9 pro versions ,.. as they r much faster in execution also.

Once again do correct me if i m wrong.

Regards,..
Darsh
MS 10.1 Pro can read intraday data.You are right nothing to gain much than my MS 9 pro,i have installed only for one feature usefull to me,you have many more cols in Exploration .

Hello Stokist

Can U explain "step by step" how to use your converter to Amibroker from PIB.

I dont want to get the data through Metastock.

Regards

Sunando
Hi Sunando
The data converted (which is is MS format) can be read in Ami with database settings. Ami has MS plugin that reads and autorefreshes the data in MS format. Check the extract from Ami user manual already posted here http://www.traderji.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=20385

Thanks Ashish and all for help with MS10/10.1

cheers
Stokist

rkripal

Hi stokist

the converted data from PIB>>client>>data to Metastock directory is saved as dat file. when i try to import this data to amibroker it says the file format is not supported. same with metastock.

pls guide.
thanks

kripal

rkripal

Hello stokist,

Thank you for your support.
Now i am able to get Intrday data from PIB to ami broker.

However there are still some problems.

1. I have to import the data manually and it is not imported automatically.
2. Even manually imported data is sometimes late by 5, or sometimes by 3 or 1 min etc.
3. The Intraday data is not saved in ami.

i am importing data using Files>> Import metastock data.

is there anyother way to do it to get streaming data automatically. or i m doing it wrongly?
pls explain

kripal

Last edited:
hi i am using pib4.1 and dsl connection @1mbps but when i try to connect my india bulls in java screen first it say

conLogin established
conLogin Error:null
conLogin closed
that its i get i have never been able to connect to pib
need help

The PIB does not seem write into the PIB folder(csv files) itself continuously , is that a problem will the PIB software ?.
It seems to cache the data in the memory or the software and when disconnected writes into the CSV files .

I can see the last accessed and modified data to be same for the CSV files and never gets updated untill I diconnect from the PIB .

Whats is problem here ? any one who have used PIB throw some light .

sorry for the OT

thanks

Sanx, somebody had suggested earlier that if you increase the number of symbols/charts in PIB it writes data faster to csv files (probably the memory cache in that case fills faster). So try selecting more symbols and see if the csv gets updated faster. Also always open csv in notepad/wordpad (if u need to) than in excel to avoid file locking possibility.