Power Back-up for Traders

TFL

Invertor should always be on . It cuts on and off as required.

You've got lead acid batteries you get a better performance with gel filled sealed MF batteries.

Cheers.
In my opinion Maintenance batteries are good if you can do a little maintenance every 1 to 3 months like checking water, specific gravity, etc.

The others(Maintenance free) are easy to handle, maintain and store but improper usage will easily kill the battery even before you take its half juice.

Haribird.

TFL

Can the users of different types of batteries, inform the maximum life of a battery, please ?
Life of battery clearly depends on how you handle and care it. If did properly they can last for many years...depends on battery... If maintained well, Maintenance/wet cell batteries will be long lasting.

haribird.

pleaseharsh

hello hari and others..

i m looking for inverter /ups/battery......pls give me suggestion as i just have minimum requirement of running 1-2 pc in case of power failure...that s it..
pls tell me approx price along with it if possible...

looking forward to prompt reply
thankyou
harsh

TFL

hello hari and others..

i m looking for inverter /ups/battery......pls give me suggestion as i just have minimum requirement of running 1-2 pc in case of power failure...that s it..
pls tell me approx price along with it if possible...

looking forward to prompt reply
thankyou
harsh
Give me the following information pleaseharsh then only I can tell you the right configuration you need.

No. of PCs connecting simultaneously:
Approximate hours you need the back up:

Also, if you are a full time professional trader, then it will be better to look for a complete trading hours backup rather than 2 or 3 hours. I took one which is giving full trading hours backup.

pleaseharsh

Give me the following information pleaseharsh then only I can tell you the right configuration you need.

No. of PCs connecting simultaneously:
Approximate hours you need the back up:

Also, if you are a full time professional trader, then it will be better to look for a complete trading hours backup rather than 2 or 3 hours. I took one which is giving full trading hours backup.
hello ..
no. of pcs : maximum 2 (in short i need inverter worth only which fulfills my trading requirement..that s it...just very basic requirement at this initial stage )
approx backup hrs : trading hrs

yes i m a full time small trader ...can u pls quote the necessasity requirement for both the case : for 2-3 hrs and full trading hrs along with price...just try to give as much information/ advice as possible from yr side then... i can enter the shop for further information...cuz without basic knowledge it is possible the shop keeper will put something expensive and not worth my requirement into my hands .......
thanx
harsh

TFL

The following configuration will be sufficient for you.

Battery: 150AH, 12V - Around 12000 for Exide's 150AH IT Industrial battery. Lower configuration is also available.
Inverter: 800VA Pure Sine wave UPS - Around 8000 for a good one, I prefer Sugam UPS, if you can get APC's then go for it.

If you are ready to spend the above money the setup will be excellent. One important thing is, always try to have MAINTENANCE battery instead of Non-Maintenance. If money is a problem you can go for battery below 150AH.

jatayoo

Dear Hari
I am thinking of buying a laptop now
Want the fastest, most efficient machine with a monitor that is the largest.... like the pro's have.( i am 50% pro)
Pl advice as you are the best person I can think of on the subject.
Cash will come from the 30 min flow.:clapping::clapping:

TFL

Dear Hari
I am thinking of buying a laptop now
Want the fastest, most efficient machine with a monitor that is the largest.... like the pro's have.( i am 50% pro)
Pl advice as you are the best person I can think of on the subject.
Cash will come from the 30 min flow.:clapping::clapping:
I think the below configuration will be sufficient provided its for trading purpose.
15inch Wide-screen
Dual Core Processor (look for Intel's and a big NO for AMD's)
3+ GB RAM 667MHz (min)
Also ensure it has min 4USB ports among at-least 1 is high speed port (now a days these are very common for all systems)

Dell's will be better if you are a busy man and serious about the after sale support.
I have systems from HP, Compaq, Dell among them Dell's customer care is mind blowing.
You can chat online with them for Sales purpose and for Technical support at dell.co.in

I think if you can go through the dell website, you will get some ideas and can ask doubts here. Also try in other companies websites.

Can only give more specific informations if you can state your requirements.

Capricorn

:)
The following configuration will be sufficient for you.

Battery: 150AH, 12V - Around 12000 for Exide's 150AH IT Industrial battery. Lower configuration is also available.
Inverter: 800VA Pure Sine wave UPS - Around 8000 for a good one, I prefer Sugam UPS, if you can get APC's then go for it.

If you are ready to spend the above money the setup will be excellent. One important thing is, always try to have MAINTENANCE battery instead of Non-Maintenance. If money is a problem you can go for battery below 150AH.
My experience with regular invertor batteries has been negative. Besides the regular topping up required they also emit hazardous fumes. I prefer gel filled MF batteries, ofcourse they are expensive but well worth it IMO.

Cheers

TFL

:)

My experience with regular invertor batteries has been negative. Besides the regular topping up required they also emit hazardous fumes. I prefer gel filled MF batteries, ofcourse they are expensive but well worth it IMO.

Cheers
Still recommend the Non-MF Batteries Capricorn, if maintained well no such issues. Topping up is only required in 3 months or so...even though its a task which can be done by a kid. Then about hazardous fumes... not a real problem, its normal.