Power Back-up for Traders

D

darkstar

Use a sine wave inverter, you will not need a separate UPS. I am using one for the past 4 years. No problems.
what was the cost of sine wave inverter if possible pls gave prize for all types of volts inverter and what watts u r inverter genreate and how many hours. thanks

nebujvs

saji oommen,

In normal conditions it should not restart the pc but in areas where sudden and frequent voltage variations it will restart. Also ensure the inverter have a UPS mode function or it will restart or if the UPS mode is abscent then you need to connect a UPS after the inverter otherwise, you can add a Vol. Stabilizer(1KVA) before the inverter to prevent restarts if it occurs in your area.

TFL.
TFL

I too facing the reboot problem some times, I tried to put a 600VA (Refrigerator model) Stabilizer in front of my UPS, but that too failed to protect it from rebooting.

Why it not worked , Due to lower volt (600 VA ) or its a refrigerator model stabilizer. My UPS is 500VA

One of my friend suggested to use offline ups. Is this sing wave invertors are offline type?

JV

TFL

TFL

I too facing the reboot problem some times, I tried to put a 600VA (Refrigerator model) Stabilizer in front of my UPS, but that too failed to protect it from rebooting.

Why it not worked , Due to lower volt (600 VA ) or its a refrigerator model stabilizer. My UPS is 500VA

One of my friend suggested to use offline ups. Is this sing wave invertors are offline type?

JV
Dear JV,

May be your stabilizer is not doing the job well or its not build to tolerate the volt. fluctuation in your area.
Remember, connecting a stabilizer can also trigger rebooting the pc.

Let me know when the pc really reboots, can you list some events?

Your friend misguided you by saying to go for off-line one. if you are using an offline one then the issue will get more worse. An off-line system is delivering power from the main and switches to battery only when the power fails or drops to a particular level. Thats why it reboots the pc. The online system will be much better since they always using the power from battery to give output. But energy efficiency is lower here. The other one is Line Interactive system, it is designed to utilise both the on-line and off-line systems features. The special circuitry in it will use line voltage and switches to battery when needed like offline but the black-out will not occurs here like off-line. Offline systems are lower priced, the Line interactive systems are higher priced and the Online are less energy efficient(due to double conversion always) and the price comes in between. I think most are using the lower prices Off-line version so is the pc restart problem. Some off-line systems have UPS mode switch but I doubt they are not doing the function at all instance, so may be the pc restart sometime and not always. The UPS move switch actually just changing the lower and higher switch over voltage limits, hence a sudden voltage drop will restart the pc even with UPS mode switch on.

If you have that much problem, then the best one suits you will be a Line Interactive UPS but it will costs more. All types are available with most manufacturers.

TFL.

Last edited:

Capricorn

what was the cost of sine wave inverter if possible pls gave prize for all types of volts inverter and what watts u r inverter genreate and how many hours. thanks
I use a 1200 va with 4, 200 a/h batteries. I had got the inverter for Rs 9000/. Batteries extra.

Sacred.Ocean,

I have already provided details instruction about how you can find out a suitable backup system in the first post of this thread, kindly refer it.

I think an inverter of 800VA with a battery of 100AH/12Volt will be suitable for you to get that 4 to 5 hours backup time.

TFL
thanks TFL
i dont have thanks button

nebujvs

Dear JV,

May be your stabilizer is not doing the job well or its not build to tolerate the volt. fluctuation in your area.
Remember, connecting a stabilizer can also trigger rebooting the pc.

Let me know when the pc really reboots, can you list some events?

Your friend misguided you by saying to go for off-line one. if you are using an offline one then the issue will get more worse. An off-line system is delivering power from the main and switches to battery only when the power fails or drops to a particular level. Thats why it reboots the pc. The online system will be much better since they always using the power from battery to give output. But energy efficiency is lower here. The other one is Line Interactive system, it is designed to utilise both the on-line and off-line systems features. The special circuitry in it will use line voltage and switches to battery when needed like offline but the black-out will not occurs here like off-line. Offline systems are lower priced, the Line interactive systems are higher priced and the Online are less energy efficient(due to double conversion always) and the price comes in between. I think most are using the lower prices Off-line version so is the pc restart problem. Some off-line systems have UPS mode switch but I doubt they are not doing the function at all instance, so may be the pc restart sometime and not always. The UPS move switch actually just changing the lower and higher switch over voltage limits, hence a sudden voltage drop will restart the pc even with UPS mode switch on.

If you have that much problem, then the best one suits you will be a Line Interactive UPS but it will costs more. All types are available with most manufacturers.

TFL.
Dear TFL

My system reboot sometimes when the main power disconnected by the Electricity Board. But It happen only sometimes only . And It will not fail when I manually switch off the power supply to UPS.

One more thing, when ever the PC got reboot, my 22 LCD monitor and Dataone modems works fine without any problem. (ie only CPU reboot).

More interestingly this happened only to my new system ( Intel E7400, Azzus MoBo, 2 GB, 320GB, no extras) My Old system with CRT Monitor was worked fine with this Ups.

I already changed the smps of the new system but it failed even after the change

JV

TFL

Ok, friends, does its advisable to charge the laptop while on move by Car coverter?

Can anybody guide me in this matter
If the charger(I mean the vol. converter) is well 'designed' one then I think nothing wrong with it.

Not tried myself.

TFL.

TFL

Dear TFL

My system reboot sometimes when the main power disconnected by the Electricity Board. But It happen only sometimes only . And It will not fail when I manually switch off the power supply to UPS.

One more thing, when ever the PC got reboot, my 22” LCD monitor and Dataone modems works fine without any problem. (ie only CPU reboot).

More interestingly this happened only to my new system ( Intel E7400, Azzus MoBo, 2 GB, 320GB, no extras) My Old system with CRT Monitor was worked fine with this Ups.

I already changed the smps of the new system but it failed even after the change

JV
Dear JV,

I too faced it sometimes back. I solved it by adding a stabilizer no issues after that.
(Not advising you regarding this, you may try a stabilizer)

TFL.