Picking up nickels in front of steamroller!!

Hi

No tips for this scheme ?

I think, I panic last time market hit 5450 and sold my 5500 CE for August bought @ 58 and sold at 87.

4600 PE is still opened for August .

Any suggestion for August trade... using this strategy.

Any idea, Is it good to book profit in mutual fund or always its long term.
I took out after 3 years...

Scheme Franklin High Growth Dividend scheme(No dividend received anytime, looks wrong selection)

Investment was 25k
profit 5k

I sold today to get out of this and enter later.

Thanks
Tips for Scheme?

Anyway I dont provide any tips!! Probably, my trade wouldnt suit your trading style.

I was watching Business Sutra on CNBC TV18, where Devdutt Patnayak , interestingly pointed out that Chinese concept says that dont feed the man a fish, instead teach him fishing and Indian concept is even instead of teaching how to fish, inspire the person to develop his method which will be his own. !

Tips for Scheme?

Anyway I dont provide any tips!! Probably, my trade wouldnt suit your trading style.

I was watching Business Sutra on CNBC TV18, where Devdutt Patnayak , interestingly pointed out that Chinese concept says that dont feed the man a fish, instead teach him fishing and Indian concept is even instead of teaching how to fish, inspire the person to develop his method which will be his own. !
Scheme eq Strategy*.
Well, I like your strategy and also trying to use it whenever I found right opportunity.
tips means.. Any pair of selling advise like 5700 CE and 4800 PE.
Anyway I got what you are saying !

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4323215

Volatility indices are based on option prices and reflect investor perceptions about the risk of dramatic price swings. Till now, only closing data was available for the India VIX, which was launched in April 2008. NSE is now broadcasting real-time quotes during trading hours as a precursor to launching derivative products based on the volatility index.
http://www.nseindia.com/content/circulars/cmtr15203.zip

Hi

Any advice to hedge my under threat trade.

I sold 5500 CE @ 17rs JULY.

Now running @ 28 and there may be chances NIFTY reaching 5500 July Expiry.

I am not into futures so any option advise.

Thanks

MaxX

I am also holding 5500 CE, I will watch out for the market tomorrow.
With you too jv.. altho have halved my position in it over the past few days (moved out to august options).. guess we are all in the same boat! Im holding 5500 CE from almost 2 whole months now.. originally sold at 35 bux at the end of May when nifty was around 5000..

Last edited:
With you too jv.. altho have halved my position in it over the past few days (moved out to august options).. guess we are all in the same boat! Im holding 5500 CE from almost 2 whole months now.. originally sold at 35 bux at the end of May..

Vow.. we are three now..
I sold @ 17 bit late..
Have you hedge sold any put against it..
I haven't done.. Should have done.. Will take it as a lesson..

I am also holding 5500 CE, I will watch out for the market tomorrow.
It gives confidence knowing even jvblogger is holding 5500 CE :)

btw i have a question.. Say after expiry on last thursday of july 2010. nifty closes on 5540.

what will be my loss on the call that i sold for 5500?

is it 40(5540-5500)*50(lot size) = 2000??

Please advice

MaxX

Vow.. we are three now..
I sold @ 17 bit late..
Have you hedge sold any put against it..
I haven't done.. Should have done.. Will take it as a lesson..
Yes.. I had sold puts.. which I have squared off now as they have lost almost all their value.. Not feeling comfortable to write higher strike puts for august at this point of time though..

MaxX

It gives confidence knowing even jvblogger is holding 5500 CE :)

btw i have a question.. Say after expiry on last thursday of july 2010. nifty closes on 5540.

what will be my loss on the call that i sold for 5500?

is it 40(5540-5500)*50(lot size) = 2000??

Please advice
correct.. also you can minus the premium received for selling the option to calculate net loss..