Performance Postmortem

cant say about you but my problem is bada loss on the days when I get frustrated by market moves. I am trying to solve this problem :(
Yeah, I too have those "suicide" days, usually once a month.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Feb 2018 was spent mostly in sitting out, hence did not end in red :)

MTD it ended at +1821.65 and YTD 2019 stands at -8790.49

AVG21 is 47.13, AVG63 is -52.78, AVG250 is -220.77 and AVG500 is -108.88

not a single red day , very nice :up:. I have 3 big red days (4k to 7k) in feb , one in NF , one in nifty option & third in CDS. :banghead:
but no loss day in 5 digits , better compared to january. :DD

not a single red day , very nice :up:. I have 3 big red days (4k to 7k) in feb , one in NF , one in nifty option & third in CDS. :banghead:
but no loss day in 5 digits , better compared to january. :DD
Yeah, the only positive outcome is that now the streak is at +21, only one session short of the record +22. Let's see if I can keep my head for the next two sessions to make it +23 :)

How was your February overall ?? Positive ?

I have been wondering about updating this, for I just ended my 6th consecutive red year.

1610255245778.png

The year comprised of 157 positive sessions (total 34024, average 216.71), 36 negative sessions (total -49030, average 1362) and 57 no trade sessions. There were 10 very bad sessions (total -39593).

The only positive thing is that the longest "no loss" streak was of 32 sessions, and that this year had the smallest loss of the previous ones. It seems that No Trade is a big part of trading.

The winning trades are making Rs 216.71 whereas losing sessions are losing Rs 1362 on average.....very adverse RR....one can never be profitable with this RR....you seriously need change in strategy if you want to make profit/wealth from trading........a simple buy and hold could have given much more profits than this type of trading.......you seem to be concentrating on having maximum small positive sessions ignoring large loss sessions....

Smart_trade

i_xion

I have been wondering about updating this, for I just ended my 6th consecutive red year.

View attachment 45226

The year comprised of 157 positive sessions (total 34024, average 216.71), 36 negative sessions (total -49030, average 1362) and 57 no trade sessions. There were 10 very bad sessions (total -39593).

The only positive thing is that the longest "no loss" streak was of 32 sessions, and that this year had the smallest loss of the previous ones. It seems that No Trade is a big part of trading.
157 positive session is very good. Even I have been facing this same issue where bad sessions take out the whole profit.

If you follow a particular strategy or multiple strategies I would recommend moving to Algo trading as this may help in removing bad sessions.

TracerBullet

157 positive session is very good. Even I have been facing this same issue where bad sessions take out the whole profit.

If you follow a particular strategy or multiple strategies I would recommend moving to Algo trading as this may help in removing bad sessions.
Very high win rate generally implies bigger losses and smaller wins, it does not indicate edge as we can see. Just as very high infrequent wins and small losses, on its own, is not an edge. So it is not good, it is meaningless.
We need to have something with edge, mechanical or discretionary. A system with 45-55% win rate is probably easier ( or less hard .. ) on mind. Win rate is high enough and losses are generally smaller or similar to wins.
So far in my limited experience, momentum is more prevalent in Indian markets. So waiting for bigger moves works better vs taking small wins. Cost is a factor too. But best to answer that by testing yourself and find the sweet spot for your system.