Patterns and Technicals

Re: Trading only one hour in a day !!!!!

As per This suggestion yesterday i put buy on nifty at 3 pm it is 70% right therfore i buy Nifty.Today it going down right?Therfore chance to it incorrect right?

sudoku1

can even xperiment this theory with indvdual index top vol stocks :)

AW10

As per This suggestion yesterday i put buy on nifty at 3 pm it is 70% right therfore i buy Nifty.Today it going down right?Therfore chance to it incorrect right?
Here we are still backtesting the strategy. You got to know when market is telling you that this trade does not fall in 70% part but this one is going in 30% part. That is where, based on risk your appetite... you need to cut the loss.. Plz do not depend on others to tell when to get out or when to get in.

Know your strategy as much as possible. If you have followed this thread, then it is discussed that you got to get out at mkt open, or in first 5 min or in first 30mins. This is not buy and stay long strategy.

I don't think here anyone recommended that u go ahead and buy. And even if someone is buying, u don't know whether it is dummy paper trade, how much of risk they can take etc. So don't follow them, follow your own decision.

I recall ur other post of cutting loss hence responding here. Did you now your stoploss point in this trade before entry... Many replies of that post suggested to put SLoss orders and cut your losses. If yes, then probably you wouldn't be asking this question here..
(I am assming that u did not put SL and cut your losses. I wish my assumption is wrong and you are doing )

Happy Trading.

Last edited:

AW10

Thanks for sharing the template ...

Code:
[B]Band	No of Trades	Gain/Loss Per Trade	Gross[/B]
40-60	    83		14.15			1175
30-70	    70		18.3			1280
20-80	    46		12.3			566
10-90	    17		22.7			386
Based on above I would choose a position sizing which will give more weight to 10-90 & 30-70 Bands and will not take the trades from 40-60 band ..

Thanks
Yes one can make their own rules for whether to take the trade or not, position size, stoploss etc. This strategy is giving +ive expectancy in most of the combinations so it passes thru 1st filter. But don't just look at Gain/loss per trade. Also look at
- % of loosing trades.
- number of consecutive loosing trades ..(scroll thru the tradelist and you can count how many consecutive loosers is it producing..)
- impact of brokerage on higher number of trades etc
- maximum loss on those trades
- What happens if you remove few of your biggest winning trades (resonable to be conservative here. Keep biggest loosers with you but give up biggest winner and see the outcome).

Most important, that these parameters should be acceptable to YOU psychologically and to your account, financially. You should be able to withstand series of loosing trades. Account should be able to take the risk posed by that combination.

Possiblities are limiitless.

Happy Trading

It might be a good idea to take into consideration volumes traded along with the original strategy... if the volumes are high or moderate good to go with the original strategy. If they are low... it might actually be a good idea to go reverse :)

coolboy007

It might be a good idea to take into consideration volumes traded along with the original strategy... if the volumes are high or moderate good to go with the original strategy. If they are low... it might actually be a good idea to go reverse :)
At the moment we are not making changes in the strategy. Backtesting has showed that this is not a complete failure method as some were arguing.

Lets see , VOL are low these days. Monday also they were subdued. Lets see of 2day. It seems FII are back to selling action.