Online Trading

How does your broker allow you to trade?

• Personal Visit

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Phone Call (including SMS)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Internet Order

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • Visit or Call

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Call or Order Online

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Visit or Call or Order Online

Votes: 52 32.5%

• Total voters

inc

Re: Online Trading - Only Geojit is the best!

audica said:
I heard from a geojit branch in coimbatore that they will charge 0.05% for intraday trading and 0.5% for delivery, but in the website it is quotes as 0.03 and 0.3 respectively. can anyone clarify:rolleyes:

if you trade through there branch brokerage will be 0.05% intraday and 0.5% deleviry

if you take up there online trading account then it comes to 0.03 and 0.3

branch means maping is done on branch terminal no online account

online account means maping is done on your online account automatically and u get a toll free number if your system fails to execute the order.

see the basic funda is all brokers are the same eggs in the same basket some have some good points and others have some other good points

you have to choose dont get confused and loose your valuable trading time and oppertunity.

Regards,
inc:D

"bread butter & stocks"

Hi,
I have heard that Geojit allows you to trade only till 2.45 PM IST.
Can somebody please confirm?

Thank you

Re: Online Trading - Geojit is the WORST!

I am a geojit customer.
This is my experience with them.

I should say, i had bitter experience with their customer service... but i was in favour of their trading system. Today, that belief also proved to wrong.

Today i noticed that, one of the share that i was holding, just disappeared from my "Positions" window... alongwith Rs25,000. It was there yesterday. Just vanished today.. without any traces in any of the trade books..

Smelling something?? (similar to RM account play in IB???)

Anyway, i informed them thru official channels. Waiting for their reply.

Regards
Siva

chachi

Hi,
I have heard that Geojit allows you to trade only till 2.45 PM IST.
Can somebody please confirm?

Thank you
Hi wcnw,

What you have heard is completely wrong. Geojit allows trading till 3.30 PM (complete trading hours of Stock Exchanges).

Hi siva,

Please update your findings/followups here in this thread also so that all members will be benfited. I have read in some other thread that your problems were satisfactorily solved. As for as my experiences with geojit are concerned, I am happy with them. Of course I do not have experiences with any other DPs.

Regards
Chachi

for small investers like me who do not want to play daily, which 1 is the best.....? is icici ok? as i will be doing mostly in the evening , when the market is off!......i am new, pls help
will invest total around 50,000(max).....
please sugest.

Hi tintin8801,
Brokerage in ICICI is very high ( 0.75) as compared to Geojit (0.30) for delivery.

Off Market orders is triggered only after @ 10.15 AM for reasons unknown to me both in ICICI and geojit.

ICICI seems more convenient as it offers services to purchase mutual funds & RBI bonds and is linked with an ICICI bank. Money transfer is very convenient in ICICIDIRECT. Inspite of all these, I would personally go with geojit for its low brokerage and above average customer service. Low brokerage makes a lot of difference.

rkgoyal_98

Hi,
I think offmarket order in case of ICICI could be executed even on the openeing of exchange. I have got it once or twice where limit price was mentioned. However in 1-2 cases though my price was higher/lower than the opening price still order was not executed. So all in all i will say that it is erratic.
Rajeev

One disadvantage while trading with geojit is that transactions fail when market volume suddenly increases. This is if you trade using their WEB URL. Their desktop trading platform needs a monthly commitment of Rs 2000 brokerage.

I am a member of Select Securities for last one year, they told me that they shall trade on behalf of me.because I do not know trading, And they purchased the share of Varun Shiping B ut the shares of Varun shiping is decreasing day by day. What should I do now. They are not responding properly.

U can learn urself. It is not at all difficult. Regarding price going down of Varun Shipping, price of any scrip can go up or down. If prices of all scrips go upward only, then who would be selling?. It is same like people offering Tips for a price and fooling the people. One has to take the risk or price movement. When price of scrip go down: there are two options (1) hold (2) sell at loss and switch over to other scrip.