Online Trading

How does your broker allow you to trade?

• Personal Visit

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Phone Call (including SMS)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Internet Order

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • Visit or Call

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Call or Order Online

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Visit or Call or Order Online

Votes: 52 32.5%

• Total voters
Re: Online Trading - Only Geojit is the best!

Hi Guy,
Other than brokerge, I think the trading platform and margin are very important too.

IL&FS's new trading platform seems very impressive (for net trading) and the salesguy is promising me expsoure of x8. (but my guess is lots of riders will be attched later date once I sign on) Brokerage of 04% for intraday. Any comment on IL&FS service levels?

Does any other online brokers give as much or more exposures? How much exposure Geogit/HDFC Sec gives?

Somebody mentioned Angel Broking in this forum.

Hello,
Could any of the forum members using geojit online trading clarify the following queries. I plan to avail online trading facilty from a good broker for day trading.

1. After visiting geojits website i notice that they have three plans. Silver,Gold and platinum. Siver and gold is web based. platinum is exe. similar to a brokers terminal but requires a minimum commission of Rs 3000/- per month. In Gold it is only Rs.500/-per month. My query is how good is the web based gold. Are the rates real time. The website says there is only a delay of few seconds.Is the gold platform suitable and reliable for day trade.
2. Is the execution of orders delayed or any other known hitches.

3. Is short selling allowed by geojit.
4. Basically i am more concerned about realtime rates and order execution parts. Since i will not be able to commit the minimum commission limit set for platinum every month my choice is limited to gold. Although i prefer exe. based platform than a web based one.
5.Is power india bulls, Sharekhan,indiainfoline, Keat are better alternatives.

Kindly give your opinions.

Thankyou

Saji

chachi

Hi Saji,

First of all i should apologize for not replying to these queries in some other thread when you asked first time. As for as Trading is concerned, I am a new to it and still learning the basics. Hence may not be possible to satisfy you totally. Still I will put here my replies to enrich you, may be little!

1) I am trading online using Geojit's Silver option. They have mentioned that the data feed is every minute and I have not made a clear check on this. However I have noticed that the data refreshes fairly fast for me.

Though I have not ventured to day trading yet, I am hooked to the screen generally for about 2-3 hours every trading day and hence able to tell you that the updating is fairly fast. Frankly, I do not know how to check whether the data uploaded just lags a minute of real time or not.

2) Execution of the orders are found very smooth. Unless there are glitches from user side, like not having enough balance but still trying to buy etc.:)

3) Yes, Short selling facility is incorporated.

4) Initially you can try Silver option and then upgrade to Gold if satisfied.

5) No comments.

Regards

Chachi

Hello Chachi,

Thanks for your detailed reply. Yes your inputs are very valuable. But i prefer a ODIN based trading platform. So i have opted for Indiabulls based on feed backs from a few of my friends and also from the forum members experiences posted here.

Regards

Saji Oommen

chachi said:
Hi Saji,

First of all i should apologize for not replying to these queries in some other thread when you asked first time. As for as Trading is concerned, I am a new to it and still learning the basics. Hence may not be possible to satisfy you totally. Still I will put here my replies to enrich you, may be little!

1) I am trading online using Geojit's Silver option. They have mentioned that the data feed is every minute and I have not made a clear check on this. However I have noticed that the data refreshes fairly fast for me.

Though I have not ventured to day trading yet, I am hooked to the screen generally for about 2-3 hours every trading day and hence able to tell you that the updating is fairly fast. Frankly, I do not know how to check whether the data uploaded just lags a minute of real time or not.

2) Execution of the orders are found very smooth. Unless there are glitches from user side, like not having enough balance but still trying to buy etc.:)

3) Yes, Short selling facility is incorporated.

4) Initially you can try Silver option and then upgrade to Gold if satisfied.

5) No comments.

Regards

Chachi

I heard from a geojit branch in coimbatore that they will charge 0.05% for intraday trading and 0.5% for delivery, but in the website it is quotes as 0.03 and 0.3 respectively. can anyone clarify

audica said:
I heard from a geojit branch in coimbatore that they will charge 0.05% for intraday trading and 0.5% for delivery, but in the website it is quotes as 0.03 and 0.3 respectively. can anyone clarify:rolleyes:

Hi
Can anyone tell me which is the cheapest brokerage house for day trading .
And what are the brkerage rates and do they offer charts and technical analysis features. What about the Sharekhan brokerage rates are they good or very high?????

rvlv

gents,

If it is needed to call and visit, then it is not worth goiing for Geojit.
Can you see how much time you will be spending doing these operations?
In this modern era still we are trying to back to old methods?

aBOUT INDIAINFOLINE or their other name, 5paisa.com
It is possibly ok only if
1)you do delivery based trading (lowest visible brokerage 0.25%)
of course there are those other hidden stuff you get charged.
oF COURSE IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT WHO CAN KEEP TRACK OF ALL CHARGES THAT ARE BEING CHARGED EVERY DAY, MAY BE THEN YOU CAN GIVE A TRY,

2) if you go for Daytrading,take it for granted you are bound to loose a lot of money. I lost as much as 88000/-. I complained. no response. no help.
I stopped trading altogether.

Is that what you want? heavy losses?
They dont have autosquareup facility ,the biggest drawback.
Indiabulls,sharekhan,icicidirect(highest brokerage in india) -these all have autosquareup. if you loose power,internet fails,pc crashes,the system helps
by automatically squaring up all pending positions by 1510hrs.
possibility is they may say we can manually activate auto squareup daily if you call us. dont fall into that trap.
It is simply not worth your time and effort.
Would you like to loose 21 rupees a share in the trial to make a small gain of 2 rupees?
KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN!!!!!!!!!
RVLV

kenneth

Dear rvlv,

I am surprised to read this from you. Didn't you have a stop loss in place as soon as you initiated your order?

Regards
ken