ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

i have everything odin, charts data software. now downloaded ami broker software also. :mad: but dont know how to use it. like i have rice from shop, water to add and gas also. but dont know how to prepare rice :mad:. please help me sir. give me your email id so that i can beg your help. yestrday only i got a luck to see your messages and broker my head to make it work. if possible help me sir. hope you will come through teamviewer and help me soon.

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

If you are beginner to charts use Daily price instead of messing in Intraday prices. It takes weeks to months to understand charts. So try and learn from the end of the day price or daily open/high/low/close.

Hi,
I had previously used the chartsdata software and was of good help but later i stopped trading because of work pressure, now planning to invest again and wanted to use this application. I installed chartsdata on my windows XP sp3 machine, and when i launched it for hours it id not show any data, webData says data extraction in process and it never ends. my machine is behind proxy it that affecting the data extraction here

Dear Anita,

As mailed you before,

1. Start ODIN Diet and open a market watch window with more than 2 scripts
2. Start ChartsData and you can see the market watch name listed - click it to see the data flowing into chartsdata watchlist
3. choose Amibroker and click update (before doing this - create amibroker database as said in chartsdata.chm help file with appropriate database settings)
4. After 3 minutes, you can see the charts in Amibroker

Steps - 3 & 4 is applicable only for first time use. Once database was configured, you can see charts update regularly without waiting.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

i have everything odin, charts data software. now downloaded ami broker software also. :mad: but dont know how to use it. like i have rice from shop, water to add and gas also. but dont know how to prepare rice :mad:. please help me sir. give me your email id so that i can beg your help. yestrday only i got a luck to see your messages and broker my head to make it work. if possible help me sir. hope you will come through teamviewer and help me soon.

Dear Nandan,

Nothing much has been changed in the current version except for the internal security, logic & certain features and you can use the current version like the previous one.

Please check
1. Whether or not you have administrator rights to your system
2. Whether you are connected to the internet or your internet connection is slow
3. If above said are 'Yes', then close all applications running, clear all folders under C:\ChartsData, restart your system and open chartsdata afresh
4. If you encounter the same scenario - please take a snapshot and mail me with it, I will track and give you the solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Hi,
I had previously used the chartsdata software and was of good help but later i stopped trading because of work pressure, now planning to invest again and wanted to use this application. I installed chartsdata on my windows XP sp3 machine, and when i launched it for hours it id not show any data, webData says data extraction in process and it never ends. my machine is behind proxy it that affecting the data extraction here