ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Members,

A new version of ChartsData Limited (v1.1) has been released with following features
1. ODIN ChartData backfill (You can backfill NSE, BSE, NSE F&O, BSE F&O, MCX, NCDEX (almost all) from ODIN's IntradayChart feature)​
2. NSE-Cash/F&O and BSE Bhavcopy download errors has been rectified.​
3. Yahoo Symbol update from NSE/BSE websites have been modified.​

Link to download ChartsData v1.1 Limited
http://www.4 s h a r e d . c o m/file/90514692/973b10dd/ChartsData_v1_setup.html (Remove spaces)

Or

http://www.4 s h a r e d . c o m/file/80051983/ac4291e8/ChartsData_setup.html (Remove spaces)

Setup Password: Traderji

ODIN ChartData backfill will update your today's chart upto date if you are using ODIN as your data source.
1. Open IntradayChart in ODIN once and you can see a file created under <drive: c mostly>C:\ODIN\Diet\ChartData - note down the script name for this file and mention the Script name in ChartsData's 'ODIN Backfill' option.
2. It will be saved and whenever you open it afterwards/next day, the name will be automatically recognized.
3. Naming convention for this ODIN Backfill is saved in the installation folder path (C:\Program Files\ChartsData\ODIN_Backfill.txt) - you can modify this by opening it in notepad and you can see the same in ChartsData.

Try this out and please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan
Is it possible to backfill on Mcx from ODIN last 7 days in 1 min formate? If yes what is the procedure?

lvgandhi

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Gandhi,

My friend has been using Angel's PDA along with ChartsData and using it without any problem. Let me check it out and update you asap if ODIN version/app has been up-graded.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan
A few days may be 10 or 15days back, when AngelPDa was started, It has informed with out any option to install or not, for installing one click apr-1 version of Odin. After installing that, Chartsdata doesn't recognise the angel odin portfolio .

Dear Sujit,

You can't get NSE f&o data from yah00 server - it can only be get through ODIN or any other trading terminals.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan
Sorry I'm going to ask a very silly question but since I dont know about it so I'm asking.
What is ODIN and how can I get ODIN?
regards
Sujit

nac

Amibroker database settings were correct but in your ODIN profile - you have choosen only one script Nifty. Try choosing more than one script and try it out.

If you face any issues, mail me your teamviewer id & pass and i will guide you online on how to work with it.

Yes, I got it. I tried other scrip, Its working. I am just asking... Is this possible to view one scrip through chartdata?

I have been using trial of charts data for past couple of days for MCX. Now is it possible to backfill metastock. I believe there bis a procedure. A video will be very helpful

DEAR TECHDUMP,

What is the procedure to get backfill for Mcx by your latest posted limited version? Pl, guide.

Thanks

Dear Gandhi,

Checked with my friends who are using Angels PDA and they said that they didn' got such option - will update ODIN masters daily but not a complete new vesion, let me check it out with our brokers too.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

A few days may be 10 or 15days back, when AngelPDa was started, It has informed with out any option to install or not, for installing one click apr-1 version of Odin. After installing that, Chartsdata doesn't recognise the angel odin portfolio .

Dear Malhotra,

Yes, it is possible to backfill not only MCX but also NSE, BSE, NSE F&O, BSE F&O and NCDEX. What ever scripts you can view in ODIN along with its Intraday charts, it can be backfilled.

Procedure:
1. Right click on any script and you can see an option named "Intraday Charts" with Ctrl+I as hot key. - select this and you can view the chart.
2. During this time, a data file will be saved at C:\ODIN\Diet\ChartData in the format YYMMDD<<code>>N-I.dat
3. Note down the file name for the script you opened.
4. In chartsdata, click ODIN Backfill option and you can see the same filename listed (if your odin chartdata folder is different, change it at the top of the window)
5. Give corresponding script name for the odin file you noted above and click UPDATE (during this time, your TA should be in updated mode).

Thats it - today's intraday data till this second since morning will be backfilled to your choosen TA.

Video option would be really helpful but I haven't experienced in it - give me some time to create and post it soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

I have been using trial of charts data for past couple of days for MCX. Now is it possible to backfill metastock. I believe there bis a procedure. A video will be very helpful

Dear Malhotra,

Yes, it is possible to backfill not only MCX but also NSE, BSE, NSE F&O, BSE F&O and NCDEX. What ever scripts you can view in ODIN along with its Intraday charts, it can be backfilled.

Procedure:
1. Right click on any script and you can see an option named "Intraday Charts" with Ctrl+I as hot key. - select this and you can view the chart.
2. During this time, a data file will be saved at C:\ODIN\Diet\ChartData in the format YYMMDD<<code>>N-I.dat
3. Note down the file name for the script you opened.
4. In chartsdata, click ODIN Backfill option and you can see the same filename listed (if your odin chartdata folder is different, change it at the top of the window)
5. Give corresponding script name for the odin file you noted above and click UPDATE (during this time, your TA should be in updated mode).

Thats it - today's intraday data till this second since morning will be backfilled to your choosen TA.

Video option would be really helpful but I haven't experienced in it - give me some time to create and post it soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Dear Lognath,

As per your advice, i have collected backfill data but chart is not updated with that backfill data. So, what is the procedure to get it?

Thanks