Nest Trader Data to Excel 2007

Hello, Thanks for reading the post.

I am new to the trading world and to this community. I have gone through some of the old posts in this forum and did not find what I am looking for so I started this thread.

I am trading with Reliance money and I was provided with Nest Trading Terminal. When I try to use 'Link to Excel' feature it is showing up #N/A error across all the cells in my spreadsheet. In spite of my exhaustive search on Google and in this forum, I found nothing except the RTD function (used in Link to Excel feature) is not compatible with 64 bit versions. I don't know how relevant is this issue. Please let me know if anyone encountered a similar issue and has a solution or workaround to overcome this. I have Windows 7 (64 bit) and Excel 2007 installed on my system.

Regards.

manishchan

I am new to the trading world and to this community. I have gone through some of the old posts in this forum and did not find what I am looking for so I started this thread.

I am trading with Reliance money and I was provided with Nest Trading Terminal. When I try to use 'Link to Excel' feature it is showing up #N/A error across all the cells in my spreadsheet. In spite of my exhaustive search on Google and in this forum, I found nothing except the RTD function (used in Link to Excel feature) is not compatible with 64 bit versions. I don't know how relevant is this issue. Please let me know if anyone encountered a similar issue and has a solution or workaround to overcome this. I have Windows 7 (64 bit) and Excel 2007 installed on my system.

Regards.
I also have win7 (64bit) and Linke to Excel does work on 2007 and 2010. But I use Zerodha so can't talk about Rmoney. I suggest you give call to Rmoney to find out if Link to Excel work in their terminal because it is enabled by default with some of the providers.

Dear Manish,

Appreciate your response. It is a good start to know that you are using similar environment as I do. Do you mind sharing the setup (if any) to get it started.

I already spoke with the tech team at Reliance money however they don't seem to be of much help so far.

Thanks.

manishchan

Dear Manish,

Appreciate your response. It is a good start to know that you are using similar environment as I do. Do you mind sharing the setup (if any) to get it started.

I already spoke with the tech team at Reliance money however they don't seem to be of much help so far.

Thanks.
Didn't get your question. I don't use Rmoney. I just wanted to tell you that Link to Excel thing does work whether its 2007 or 2010. Further, I think that Link to Excel work only on the terminal which is installed in your computer but as far as I know Rmoney is only web based.

Regards.
Seems like your broker has not enabled this feature for ur ID, make sure it is enabled.
Also make sure terminal installation folder is set as trusted location in excel ( can check this from Excel Options -> Trust Center tab)

Hi Manshi,

Sorry, I think I did not make it my self clear. I was asking you to tell me the procedure that is required to do any setup or configuration in the software (Nest trader or Excel) so that I can get the 'Link to Excel' feature working. Currently all I see is #N/A across all the cells in Excel when I paste in my Excel sheet.

Thanks and any help is sincerely appreciated.

VKD

you may have to register the .xll file.If you can locate the.xll file, let me know, I will give you the command to register it.Hopefully that woold do the trick.

Didn't get your question. I don't use Rmoney. I just wanted to tell you that Link to Excel thing does work whether its 2007 or 2010. Further, I think that Link to Excel work only on the terminal which is installed in your computer but as far as I know Rmoney is only web based.
Hi Manish,

I am from Hyderabad and I am also using Zerodha. I was trying to export data to excel from Nest Trader but in vain.

Can you please help how to do it?

Thanks a ton in advance,

Abhinay

Purushotham

Hi Manish,

I am from Hyderabad and I am also using Zerodha. I was trying to export data to excel from Nest Trader but in vain.

Can you please help how to do it?

Thanks a ton in advance,

Abhinay
Ask your broker to enable RTD for your account.

After that right click on the scrip in your market watch, then select link to excel,

go to your excel sheet select a cell and paste it.