Import data to nest trader from xls / txt

john302928

Hi ,
Is there any way to import list of stocks from xls/txt file to nest trader market watch? If so please let me know how. Thanks

john302928

Hi When i export groups in nest trader, all the groups are getting exported. say if I have 7 groups, all are getting exported in .ini file. Is there any way that I can export only one group alone?

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Hi When i export groups in nest trader, all the groups are getting exported. say if I have 7 groups, all are getting exported in .ini file. Is there any way that I can export only one group alone?

Assuming u have already exported /saved all groups in one .ini file,

1. Import and delete all groups except one single group and export/save this single group naming it as "respectivegroupname.ini"

2. Continue the Process for all individual Groups

3. Now u can import Individual Groups.

Plz Note: its a one time job except for F&O scrips where u have to Edit MarketWatch & Re Export/Import it after every monthly /Qrterly expiry as the case may be.

john302928

Assuming u have already exported /saved all groups in one .ini file,

1. Import and delete all groups except one single group and export/save this single group naming it as "respectivegroupname.ini"

2. Continue the Process for all individual Groups

3. Now u can import Individual Groups.

Plz Note: its a one time job except for F&O scrips where u have to Edit MarketWatch & Re Export/Import it after every monthly /Qrterly expiry as the case may be.

Hi
Actually I did exactly the same. But I was wondering if there could be a way to export single group alone which I am unaware of.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Hi
Actually I did exactly the same. But I was wondering if there could be a way to export single group alone which I am unaware of.

come on.........John

If u had known dis beforehand u wud have done things in the following order;

1. Create one single Group, Export it & name it Group's Name.ini

2. Delete previous Group, Create New Group, Export it... so on...

3. Now u have as many Exported/saved individual Groups as u want and import as n whn u need.

john302928

Dear,
I already had 7 groups which I couldnot delete and I had to add and remove scrips only from 8th group for option contracts. Once you mentioned about exporting the group, I tried to export but it exported all the groups. Later I edited the exported group and retained only the 8th group and similarly i tried for 2 more groups. I felt like why I am exporting all the groups and deleting all but one,may be I am missing something;Instead there could be a way to export a single group alone. So i posted the query for the same.

However i really appreciate your kindness. Thanks again

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Dear,
I already had 7 groups which I couldnot delete and I had to add and remove scrips only from 8th group for option contracts. Once you mentioned about exporting the group, I tried to export but it exported all the groups. Later I edited the exported group and retained only the 8th group and similarly i tried for 2 more groups. I felt like why I am exporting all the groups and deleting all but one,may be I am missing something;Instead there could be a way to export a single group alone. So i posted the query for the same.

However i really appreciate your kindness. Thanks again
Im sensing u got confused abt what is to delete

Delete the Group/s in MarketWatch once it/they is/are exported & Saved.
(DO NOT DELETE the Exported/Saved .ini files)

Bcoz once they are exported & saved they can be imported back any number of times in any combination.

cloudTrader

Open Market watch Settings from the market tab. Now in Group Settings select the group you want to export, right click on it & select Export This Group, give the name of the group to the .ini file. This way you can export the groups one by one.