need RT data feed for ninjatrader

finally i suceeded in feedroper good updating in chart.ninjatrader very cpu hungry software.if open more charts it will demand more cpu power and chart updating slow and many ticks are missing.
there is frequent data writting to hardisk still make situation more worest.
finally i created 250 mb ramdisk and transfered ninjatrader and feeddroper to ramdisk.
so my problem solved updating very fast no ticks are missed.

R M

finally i suceeded in feedroper good updating in chart.ninjatrader very cpu hungry software.if open more chart it will demand more cpu power and chart updating slow and many ticks are missing.
there is frequent data writting to hardisk still make situation more worest.
finally i created 250 mb ramdisk and transfered ninjatrader and feeddroper to ramdisk.
so my problem solved updating very fast no ticks are missed.
I could not get the feeddropper to work, so subscribed to Shareguru.
This is working well with Windows 7 and NT7, light on resources too. Real problem in NT is backfill. Shareguru is just like Manshi (must be cousins - both extremely poor in customer support at least as far as Ninjatrader is concerned!) with one minute backfill, but one needs to close, restart and reconnect NT for backfilled data to appear on charts.
I guess till GDFL starts supporting NT7 or we can afford Interactive Brokers or Esignal, we don't have much choice.
:D

I could not get the feeddropper to work, so subscribed to Shareguru.
This is working well with Windows 7 and NT7, light on resources too. Real problem in NT is backfill. Shareguru is just like Manshi (must be cousins - both extremely poor in customer support at least as far as Ninjatrader is concerned!) with one minute backfill, but one needs to close, restart and reconnect NT for backfilled data to appear on charts.
I guess till GDFL starts supporting NT7 or we can afford Interactive Brokers or Esignal, we don't have much choice.
:D
NT7 takes backfill from recent dropped time.if manually delet the data and backfill it will give all but we loose tick data of that period.
manshi and shareguru using same software now, before they different .
are you getting real time data of mcx.there is problem with mcx data not with nse data.my feeddropper updating is good now.i am getting all nse mcx forex

R M

NT7 takes backfill from recent dropped time.if manually delet the data and backfill it will give all but we loose tick data of that period.
manshi and shareguru using same software now before they different .
are you getting real time data of mcx.there is problem with mcx data not with nse data.my feeddropper updating is good now.i am getting all nse mcx forex
I have subscribed to only NSE-FNO.
For tick data backfill - If at EOD the total day volumes of tick charts in NT don't tally (approximately) with EOD volume at NSE then I extract tick data from intraday chart in ODIN, and use that data after converting into NT format for backfilling (first i have to remove the old tick data). It is not exactly tick data but give fairly accurate volume profile.
A cumbersome process no doubt but still worthwhile :)

sr114

so far i didnot find any good quality range bars for amibroker.
ninjatrader range bars of like bluewave trading are good.
i am also lived 2 years with mt4 and amibroker.
but now i realized after installing ninjatrader just one week
i found what i am missing in mt4 and ami.

why to shy to shift ninjatrader afterall it is free software full working
except live trading.
Hello Sateshchand

cud u pls elaborate what u missed in ami that u find in ninja trader.

pls

rgds
subroto

R M

Hello Sateshchand

cud u pls elaborate what u missed in ami that u find in ninja trader.

pls

rgds
subroto
Sorry for tresspassing. :)

NT is miles ahead of Amibroker in Volume Profile, almost as accurate as very costly softwares like Investor RT etc.
One can load part of database in NT, say only 1day, 5day, 30days etc. depending on your need. Ami loads the entire database so complex AFLs slow it down awfully.
Setups of Indicators etc can be saved as templates in NT and switched over simply by changing templates, so we need not keep multiple charts of same scrip open for different set of indicators. (I have not used templates in Ami so not aware if same thing is possible there too)

The negative points of NT are, 1. it can't store or display OI, has got only O, H, L, C, Volume fields in database, 2. Instrument setup is very cumbersome, 3. You have to keep scrounging for a reliable data vendor unless you are willing to go for Esignal or Interactive Broker who are officially supported by Ninjatrader.

The big plus point is - it is legally FREE.:D

regards
rm

R M

dear r m, u dont understand amibroker fully,its more advantage than N T, we can save our template, layouts, charts, indicaters,etc..and every chart have inbuilt sheet to easily compare.. so we dont need multiple charts for single script ...
its not take more cpu compared NT...

ami have OI,..
ami is a passion , fantacy and also easy to any newone understand within 30 min..and also its very easy to understand AFL WRITING..

AND ALSO ITS VERY CHEAP PRICE COMPARED OTHER CHARTING PRODUCTS..

HAPPY TRADING...
dear portcity

Perhaps you are right, I have used ami only for a short period of 2 years!
AFL are really very easy to understand whereas Ninjascript needs understanding of programming language.
I would not agree though about pricing part, Ninjatrader is free whereas cheapest Ami version costs more than 12K. :)

regards.
rm

Last edited:
presently i am using feed dropper for ninja trader.working well.but some times giving trouble.if we keep on it will work fine.if not connected for one or two days, it giving trouble.but they saying from Feb 1st week they will give new version.
any one tried other method like extracting from nest trader.i am not tried from nest trader anybody successful with mcx.from Odin it is not working.
gfdl giving mcx data but not tick data which is not use full for renko charts.
mainly i am using renko charts in ninja trader no other charting software gives this much variety of renko and range bars for less confusion, low noise.