My System - My trades.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Vijkris ji i still have the devil in me which rears its ugly head time and again. Patience has never been my forte. It is exasperating when one cannot put across ones clear thoughts to the other person. It is like ST ji had given an example about his friend looking for the holy grail system. By asking these many rudimentary questions what is he trying to achieve. The basic funda is to take trades using BO/BD in OBV. Then we are tying to arrive at a method that gives us early and true signals to avoid too many whips. Are we discussing some rocket science to throw up these many questions.
From now on, start thinking abt the God in you.. Everything will be fine..

Seeing ur posts, i can safely assume the ugly devil has already died.. :clap:

Its just small bits and pieces left now.. that will also vanish. :thumb:

Happy ji knows the level of my commitment to my systems and ideas. He also knows about the quantum and quality of my trades. For me even a 40-50 points movement can result in a profit of 100 points or more with minimum risk but i cannot explain that method here as even 2 simple methods have exceeded 250 pages. I just donot have the patience. In the end i cannot trade for anybody. One has to charter his own course.

Happy ji knows the level of my commitment to my systems and ideas. He also knows about the quantum and quality of my trades. For me even a 40-50 points movement can result in a profit of 100 points or more with minimum risk but i cannot explain that method here as even 2 simple methods have exceeded 250 pages. I just donot have the patience. In the end i cannot trade for anybody. One has to charter his own course.
That is the reason why i trade 1min.charts because you get these 40-50 points movement very regularly in BN. Atleast 2 to 3 times a day if not more.

One has to look up charts and then to combine the knowledge. No signal can be taken in isolation. You need to have a reference point for comparison. One can optimise only by comparing and compiling this information. So in the case of a BO there is bound to be a failure level (Stop loss). You have to spend screen time and see for yourself. Pull out earlier charts and then relate to this information on hand. This is not like a school exam where you can just cram and pass with flying colours. In the markets you need to understand the concept and then probably you will understand the frivilous remark. The system any system as such is just designed to give you an edge, not to predict the outcome. Please read the last sentence atleast 10 times.

Last edited:

wisp

Wisp ji let me apologise if i hurt you. The frivolous remark stemmed from my frustration of putting across my point to probably the most diligent student of this method. What good is a system if people cannot follow it. It can at best only be of academic interest. I probably failed as a teacher. Sorry once again.
Varun Ji,
Please dont apologize to me, it is not necessary. I am sorry that I asked you too many questions. Please accept my apologies. Thanks again for all the teaching.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Wisp ji let me apologise if i hurt you. The frivolous remark stemmed from my frustration of putting across my point to probably the most diligent student of this method. What good is a system if people cannot follow it. It can at best only be of academic interest. I probably failed as a teacher. Sorry once again.
Varun ji, I don't trade 1minute chart, even then I am silently following your thread, though its moving at a speed that I find difficult to catch up.
I would like to share my observations:

You have immense ability to comprehend and full command over language.

You have outstanding expertise and faith in your system, accompanied at the same time with sincere willingness to help.
Although you could have easily told people asking repetitive questions to go through entire thread again, but you answered almost every time.

I am not a person of many words but please accept my appreciation.

Wish you good luck in all your endeavors and God bless.

Vivek

second that.
Varun ji, I don't trade 1minute chart, even then I am silently following your thread, though its moving at a speed that I find difficult to catch up.
I would like to share my observations:

You have immense ability to comprehend and full command over language.

You have outstanding expertise and faith in your system, accompanied at the same time with sincere willingness to help.
Although you could have easily told people asking repetitive questions to go through entire thread again, but you answered almost every time.

I am not a person of many words but please accept my appreciation.

Wish you good luck in all your endeavors and God bless.

Vivek

For daytrading i would suggest option play as the SL's are very small 8-10 points (in in the money options) if you go wrong and if you are right upto 50/80/100 points or more even in a normal 150-200 points BN range.

Adding is also not a problem. But when keeping stops it is advisable to keep them 1 or 2 rupees less than the stops generated by the system.
Regarding adds i have already explained many times but again i would say that till the time your TSL is not hit you are adding to your positions every time you get a buy or sell signal (as the case may be) in the direction of the trend.

Meaning if you are long on the basis of the blue colour of the ribbon. It goes red and then resumes blue colour, without your SL being hit, you add to your position as your risk is mitigated (Your SL has come closer to the lowest level of price in the red ribbon period preceding your add)

So how can one use the daily charts for positional. Just food for thought. Follow any scrip after it makes a 52 week low. Just go long after you get a buy signal as per the 15 period OBV ribbon, confirmed by 15 min. price ribbon in daily charts.

Just keep holding onto your position till we get a sell signal based on these 2 ribbons. One could have rode AXISBANK from 440 odd to about 590. (that is a good 40-45% move) by investing a few thousand rupees. A profit of more than 1.5 lacs. You can find innumerable opportunities. The trick is just to stay put with your trade.

If you play the option route, chances are that you would be feeding this trade from your profits after the 1st expiry itself. Then move onto some other scrip with this similar setup and let the old one run on auto pilot. You can get seriously rich in no time. And you just need to monitor your trade just once every day.
it really does not matter by much. If the market goes down after you have bought the option, but the HTF signal is still in place, you can bring down the option to a lower strike price by paying Rs.30/40 per 100 points.

By doing this exercise even once within the 5 days to expiry, you can bring your option almost at par with the future value.

i am not a big fan of option greeks. Just buy an option on getting the signal and rolling it over at each expiry.

Just see to it that you are not paying too much premium over the spot prices (Something like an in the money option). Once you are in profit after the 1st expiry, just roll it into a deep in the money option (you would not have to pay anything extra from your pocket).

I somehow have an aversion for the Black-schole method, the gammas, the deltas (Perhaps i have not understood it till day). But when you are trading for the long term a few rupees here or there should not matter.

The option route is only for avoiding the huge margins and the m to m margin calls. You also cap your risk.

Was trying to search the thread for Options related wisdom shared by Varun

Sharing some of the posts here as quotes

Happy :)