What kind of system trades works in intra day stock trading?

I am a systemic trader that is I have programmed rules of entry and exit. I want to know what kind of strategies work in intra day trading. I would avoid candle stick pattern trading because its more of a subjective field. I also found out that moving average crossover strategies never works in intra day trading. What else do you recommend which can be written as programming rules?

praveen98

I am a systemic trader that is I have programmed rules of entry and exit. I want to know what kind of strategies work in intra day trading. I would avoid candle stick pattern trading because its more of a subjective field. I also found out that moving average crossover strategies never works in intra day trading. What else do you recommend which can be written as programming rules?
Hi Mutual guru,
Try Point and figure charting as a trading system for systematic intra day trading ...with your own personalized Money management system...
All the Best:thumb:

rip07

can you please elaborate some more as i am also developing system for intraday based upon ema crossover:thumb:
You can try EMA 8 and SMA 21 crossover in 3-5 mins/15mins TF.

Look at 15 mins TF for direction when candle cross up/down of both moving averages, you can initiate your entry in 3-5mins TF and exit according to 3-5 mins TF when 2 bars will close below/up from the last trending candle in case of buy/sell.

More explanation with charts are explained in
this thread.

Thanks
rip07

praveen98

Thanks but I believe point and figure charting is subjective and I require a rule based system
Hi Mutual guru,
For that matter TA as a whole is subjective....So let me define a rule based pnf system just for illustration purpose....
1. Buy/ Sell on simple Signal generation ..

2. Exit on opposite signal generation...

You can add filters to these entry exit rules...
1. You will enter Long positions when the 21 column moving average is UP and price is above MA line vice versa for shorts...
2. You may prefer to add one more filter when MA line is not trending but flattening no signals will be taken to enter positions...

Hope this helps:clap:

mastermind007

Thanks but I believe point and figure charting is subjective and I require a rule based system
Lets assume your assertions that P&F is subjective as true but then again requirement of "rule based system" as expressed by you seems to be subjective too.

You are not looking for just any "decent" rule based system. You are looking for a rule based system that contains and more importantly aligns with your own definitions of what a rule ought to be. This is not wrong at all.

Perhaps, an exercise of thinking along this lines and jotting down what your own rules (subjective) that help you determine whether a given trading rule is objective or not, will by itself reveal to you your own trading system.

Hi,

There are various strategies for intraday. But I prefer the intraday based on camarilla levels. You can refer my post for details.

http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/intraday-camarilla-levels-nse-futures.105372/

I would like to share today's performance based on camarilla.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks.