My System - My trades.

oldtrader

Thanks Old trader ji. You can backtest for 30period OBV ribbon in 5min.charts.
Blue for longs and red for shorts.
Dear Varunji,

I have started backtesting 30period OBV in 5 min charts. I am starting from the month of January 2017. Attaching a screenshot below. Please confirm that my reading is correct.

Sir, the 2:44 candle of 5th Jan triggers a short at 8269 initial SL is 8328.5. On 9th Jan the 15 period ribbon turns blue at the 11:34 candle , the high during this blue period is 8266. Whereas the 30 period ribbon turns blue at 2:09 candle and the high during this blue period is 8268.9. Which one will be the TSL 8266 or 8268.9 , in this case.

So guys remember i had told you not delete any ribbon in OBV 15/30/60. Well time has come to use them. So who is willing to backtest. Pls. I am not at all tech savvy so relying on you techies. Only on somebody's confirmation will i tell what to backtest.
Will do it tonight and post results. Dont know automatic back test, so I will do it manually.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

any specific time frame you want me to test?

Apacheindian

Will do it tonight and post results. Dont know automatic back test, so I will do it manually.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

any specific time frame you want me to test?
Varun sirs criteria for back testing

"I just want to backtest the results of the 60period OBV ribbon in 5min.charts from 1st January this year. So about 2 months data. Long on blue signals and short on red signals. No filter. No other condition. "

So for people who do not have amibroker can we as a community provide the last levels as per charts on a regular basis. ST ji asking for your confirmation. I hope it is not against forum rules. Just to help our brothers.
As the method is fully disclosed,for people who do not have Amibroker someone can post resistance and support levels as per the bands...I am sure it will posted in our forum either in this thread or some other thread and in which case there is no violation of rules.

Smart_trade

Was going thru some charts and came up with this masterpiece and the way the ribbon system might have been of immense help

This is a chart of 20700 PE of this thursday (the last expiry) The signal to go long came at 2:35 at Rs.9 with a sl of just under 6.25 by the ribbon system. You may call it hindsight but just observe the bottom OBV pane and you would see that the 60period OBV ribbon had turned blue at around 12 (that is the time when the fall started in BN) the point i am trying to make is that on expiry day if an option has to become worthless then a lot of selling/ unwinding in that option takes place because to the market makers it is a free trade (they would be willing to pick up those 8-10 rupees also from gullible small traders) That unwinding would have resulted in the higher period (60 period) OBV ribbon to turn red if the selling of this option had taken place. In fact it was telling us the opposite. It was being bought by the market makers. It went on to make a high of close to Rs.100 in less than an hour of trade before expiring at Rs.80. A true intraday multi-bagger. Zero to Hero. All the parameters for taking this trade were being met. We had made a higher low in the red ribbon period in the last red period from the one before that. So it was not meant to be a mere punt but a rule based entry.

Last edited: