margin & delv, religare odin diet help?

Dear forum members,
I am new to trading.I started using ODIN DIET (provided by Religare).

I placed buy orders with order type "Margin" without knowing the difference between margin and delivery.

I searched this forum and I vaguely understood that margin is for intraday trading and delivery is for long term.
My intention was to buy shares for relatively long term i.e.delivery.

What will happen to the shares i bought under Margin. will it be converted to delivery automatically or do I have to convert it? what is the other consequences of using Margin? should one pay interest to the broker for using Margin?

if I don't have an intention to do intraday trading,then 'delivery' is the right mode to buy,am I right?

for the shares bought in delivery, how long one should wait to sell them? can we sell it once we have it in our DP?

if somebody answer the above Queries,it will be of great help. If there exists a user manual for ODIN DIET about how to use its different option,pls provide me the link.

Thanks and regards

Ottobrunner

SavantGarde

OttoBrunner,

Whether you BUY under Margin or Delivery, It shouldn't be much trouble as long as you Settle the bill for purchase within required time period.

YES - You can sell the shares anytime after it is reflected in your DP.

Purchase under margin should either be settled or sold within 5 days including the date of purchase....or else Broker will either sell it or you will be charged interest....many brokers are flexible....therefore you will need to check with your Broker.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Dear forum members,
I am new to trading.I started using ODIN DIET (provided by Religare).

I placed buy orders with order type "Margin" without knowing the difference between margin and delivery.

I searched this forum and I vaguely understood that margin is for intraday trading and delivery is for long term.
My intention was to buy shares for relatively long term i.e.delivery.

What will happen to the shares i bought under Margin. will it be converted to delivery automatically or do I have to convert it? what is the other consequences of using Margin? should one pay interest to the broker for using Margin?

if I don't have an intention to do intraday trading,then 'delivery' is the right mode to buy,am I right?

for the shares bought in delivery, how long one should wait to sell them? can we sell it once we have it in our DP?

if somebody answer the above Queries,it will be of great help. If there exists a user manual for ODIN DIET about how to use its different option,pls provide me the link.

Thanks and regards

Ottobrunner

Last edited: