luck based trading

SarangSood

sorry to say this ..
trading is such a lonely , many times boring, some time pressure is hectic like eyes will pop out , losses , some times jump in joy with unexpected huge profits, always thinking abt charts .. level , even after market hours watch DOw , sgx, and some great and many useless stuff like this in forums .. hectic life in many sense .. disconnected from main stream people psychology too.. seems no escape .. ?
Being bored - You can always use the time to inculcate positive hobbies like meditation or reading books. Majority of people don't have this luxury of being bored.

Hectic like eyes will pop out - It's most certain that your not trading with strict stop loss and just waiting and living it out, instead of getting out and focusing where your strategy went wrong.

Unexpected huge profits - If profits are coming unexpected then also there is a great degree of speculation which eventually will not give you much confidence.

Watching Dow, Sgx - In options you can always hedge your position for overnight according to your risk capacity. So there is no risk of big loss and can sleep peacefully without watching world markets.

Trading is a lonely business. Enjoy the solitude instead and reassess why you are in this business in the first place. Hope you move in a positive direction.

Being bored - You can always use the time to inculcate positive hobbies like meditation or reading books. Majority of people don't have this luxury of being bored.

Hectic like eyes will pop out - It's most certain that your not trading with strict stop loss and just waiting and living it out, instead of getting out and focusing where your strategy went wrong.

Unexpected huge profits - If profits are coming unexpected then also there is a great degree of speculation which eventually will not give you much confidence.

Watching Dow, Sgx - In options you can always hedge your position for overnight according to your risk capacity. So there is no risk of big loss and can sleep peacefully without watching world markets.

Trading is a lonely business. Enjoy the solitude instead and reassess why you are in this business in the first place. Hope you move in a positive direction.
FOOD for thought .. will go through and align.. thx

Guys I writing or disclosing these here ... simply because to vent out my stress . Not to disturb or hurt any one in any sense.
after a loss of 20 lakhs on 5 th years of trading i really baffled and came to my knees . just fear to see the mirror since ashamed on my failure . but somewhat keeps on earning in job helps me. and the part of salary regularly diverted to market . these all things ...like earning in job, diverting major part to mkt for trading , and losing that in market became a routine thing . and losses keeps on growing. like 25 lakhs then 27 then 30 it keeps on growing . but myself not changed .. not learned how to trade and story continues.
And slowly keep improving my learning and from friends .. some teaches and some scold . the saga continues .and (i think 8 or 7 years before from now) the loss finally reached 50 Lakhs .. though it not hurting me as I was very good in my job and other earning .. then one fine morning a ray of hope came .. not with great idea or any thing .. just with usual methods etc . only difference made is i allowed the profit making trade to run and extract maximum profit when i'm correct . when my trade is correct i became merciless and keep on betting .. suddenly the small left over cash in my trading account starts growing at unprecedented speed and in just 2 months the whole game changed and i was in green more than 15 lakhs after completely recovering my 50 Lakhs
the lesson learned : when u r correct make as much money as possible
but some more lessons failed to learn .. and the story continues

Last edited:
even if any one start shorting on very first day of mkt crash.. he cannot able to make money , as mkt go down 10% down and he enjoys and mkt come up 5% he feel fear and exit... and buy ..and again mkt go down and come up.... in that turbulence he will became like dice and finally he became solvent till then mkt keeps standing rational .
so learn how to trade rather looking for what level to trade.

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
And slowly keep improving my learning and from friends .. some teaches and some scold . the saga continues .and (i think 8 or 7 years before from now) the loss finally reached 50 Lakhs .. though it not hurting me as I was very good in my job and other earning .. then one fine morning a ray of hope came .. not with great idea or any thing .. just with usual methods etc . only difference made is i allowed the profit making trade to run and extract maximum profit when i'm correct . when my trade is correct i became merciless and keep on betting .. suddenly the small left over cash in my trading account starts growing at unprecedented speed and in just 2 months the whole game changed and i was in green more than 15 lakhs after completely recovering my 50 Lakhs
the lesson learned : when u r correct make as much money as possible
but some more lessons failed to learn .. and the story continues
interesting story , very similar to stock72. he lost big amount in options and then again covered all losses in a bull run . came in green and eventually lost big again.
having big capital allows you to come back in a winning phase but same and much more goes back again to market in next losing phase.

Last edited:
interesting story , very similar to stock72. he lost big amount in options and then again covered all losses in a bull run . came in green and eventually lost big again.
having big capital allows you to come back in a winning phase but same and much more goes back again to market in next losing phase.
yes you are correct sir.
the cycle keeps on going ..

entered 31kce bnf @127. let see my luck .
thx for memeber commented. i don't have technical knowledge. i think i cant able to understand too.
Whether you have or you don't have "technical knowledge", but the fact of the matter is, markets are mostly random and all TA analysis appears to work in hindsight. That's why we have in YouTube 1000s of " Experts" But not a single one has confidence to live stream their terminal trades. We have trading rooms where chit chat happens but even there no one has the confidence to show their terminal live screen. Trading is a field where, due to lack of transparency, we feel the other person is making money.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Whether you have or you don't have "technical knowledge", but the fact of the matter is, markets are mostly random and all TA analysis appears to work in hindsight. That's why we have in YouTube 1000s of " Experts" But not a single one has confidence to live stream their terminal trades. We have trading rooms where chit chat happens but even there no one has the confidence to show their terminal live screen. Trading is a field where, due to lack of transparency, we feel the other person is making money.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk
yes ..the problem lies with us . charts are like rear mirror . records the actual . we like to see the oncoming traffic by using rear mirror . that's the problem. i could be wrong