luck based trading

money manager.

do you manage others money. Like you trade for commission/sharing basis....
Dear Mohan ,
I am a very small retail trader . earlier trade rarely , after lost the job now a full time trader. just managing my money ( few lakhs ). The id made in this name to keep me reminded that money management is every thing in mkt . ( Agreed . apart from money management there are lot of technical stuff needed to succeed . but i am poor in all those . )
thx

Being worked in project management for past 18 years .. what i learn from there is a project must have an end .
if we take of trading which me started 4 years ago ( some may started even a decade ago ) and still running in loss and as of now there is no great scope to recover . even arresting the loss is still a problem though the speed of loss growth reduced considerably . the problem is what is the end criteria ? will it come ? if we consider this as project then better apply a condition called force majeure ? just write off all the losses and get out ?
if any one knows the conditions pls share ? like doctors used to say only 48 hours / 3 months / 6 months..
1. How long time period one can spend/try in this market either to declare he fit or exit ?
2. If his total wealth is x and losing what percentage of X he must quit ?

thx

mohan.sic

Being worked in project management for past 18 years .. what i learn from there is a project must have an end .
if we take of trading which me started 4 years ago ( some may started even a decade ago ) and still running in loss and as of now there is no great scope to recover . even arresting the loss is still a problem though the speed of loss growth reduced considerably . the problem is what is the end criteria ? will it come ? if we consider this as project then better apply a condition called force majeure ? just write off all the losses and get out ?
if any one knows the conditions pls share ? like doctors used to say only 48 hours / 3 months / 6 months..
1. How long time period one can spend/try in this market either to declare he fit or exit ?
2. If his total wealth is x and losing what percentage of X he must quit ?

thx
Depends on kind of trading pattern. Are you investor, short term, intraday And cash or f&o, If options what time frame. Do you have practical knowledge on TA, Derivatives data reading. Etc .

It used to take 5 years atleast to understand all these aspects practically. But now easy data availability, free charting sources, and very important exp of existing traders who can guide others may reduce the time to 2 yrs if you give full time to it. In 2 yrs you can get confidence.

Depends on kind of trading pattern. Are you investor, short term, intraday And cash or f&o, If options what time frame. Do you have practical knowledge on TA, Derivatives data reading. Etc .

It used to take 5 years at least to understand all these aspects practically. But now easy data availability, free charting sources, and very important exp of existing traders who can guide others may reduce the time to 2 yrs if you give full time to it. In 2 yrs you can get confidence.
So sir u mean that as per advent of information technology these days .. in two years time if a trader not able to keep his account green then he is not fit and he must exit ?
pls correct me if i'm wrong '