Learning to catch High Probability Breakouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you said some of my stocks performed well... i dont think anything went wrong... if my loss is 10k then it will be 1% of my capital (its far now)...
Profits are seasonal.. some months may go very good for me.... some months may be so choppy or nagative...
If we analyze Yoy performance of nifty then last year nifty performed negative....
My december month portfolio is having 17 stocks and only 4 of them are in green..
You asked me question about booking profits... i dont think i made any mistakes or something went wrong...

(There are two type of traders....
---------------------------------------------
1. Small capital traders and they want high return of 300-400% yoy
2.Huge capital traders and they want 20-30% return yoy.
My ultimate aim is type 2 trader ,managing a fund in crores with yearly target return around 20-30 % , taking less risk. Coming years i may increase my trading capital... and year 2018 i hope i can trade with min 1 crore rs fund
These are my goals which can be achievable.... lets see how it works..)
Good to know your goal and good luck for that.
As you mentioned early that you deployed 10lakh to get profit in 45-60days inorder to buy LED tv and this was the reason you mentioned early in this thread.Thats why I asked you in a friendly way, why you have not booked the profit before the market undergone correction mode.
Ludhianewala thanks for supporting me...
i started this portfolio for buying one Led tv ... i was thinking it can be achieved in 45-60 days easily..... Unluckily market is moving opposite to my calculations.... now all going smoothly ... lets see how market behaves in coming days:thumb:
Nice charts Nithin and sunny.... good good

My 52 week breakout portfolio with 10 stocks is in Unrealized profit/loss -4800rs.
(Total capital is 10 lakhs ... 5000 rs is 0.5% of my capital... i have decided to to keep this portfolio alive till i see unrealized loss of 7500 rs)

amitrandive

Daily Chart of Maruti

Daily Chart of Maruti Vs INR/JPY

Daily Chart of Maruti Vs USD/JPY

Strengthening of the Japanese Yen impacting Maruti and stock falling.

Sometime investors do not know why a stock is falling down or going up rapidly.At such times we need to do intermarket analysis to check what is impacting .Maruti strongly impacted by appreciation of Japanese Yen.

vikas2131

Nifty future weekly. reference chart.
today is last day of current week. lets see how it closes. anyway not going to make much diff on larger picture.

visually its clear pressure is increasing.
trendlines not drawn with precision.
a flat bottom triangle formed/forming.
any rise might be a sell. if triangle base = tgt, then its HUGE !

Swings are getting smaller with support around 7500...its not good..

revendar

Daily Chart of Maruti

Daily Chart of Maruti Vs INR/JPY

Daily Chart of Maruti Vs USD/JPY

Strengthening of the Japanese Yen impacting Maruti and stock falling.

Sometime investors do not know why a stock is falling down or going up rapidly.At such times we need to do intermarket analysis to check what is impacting .Maruti strongly impacted by appreciation of Japanese Yen.
Exactly Amit. Thats the need to link some other factors as well except only price action. Same with Asian paints will break wen crude rallies.

amitrandive

Exactly Amit. Thats the need to link some other factors as well except only price action. Same with Asian paints will break wen crude rallies.

Check Relaxo footwear , many do not know it is related to Crude oil prices

Weekly chart of Relaxo Footwear Vs WTI Crudeoil.

The idea behind this was shared in a post in this thread , reproducing the same post again below.

amitrandive

Reposting an article of last year shared in this thread earlier.

How Falling Crude Oil Prices Can Help Investors Become Rich
http://profit.ndtv.com/news/commodi...-prices-can-help-investors-become-rich-708505

Brent crude oil prices have crashed 40 per cent since June, falling from around $110 per barrel to below $68 a barrel this week, which is also a five-year low. Since India imports nearly 80 per cent of its crude consumption and oil accounts for a third of the total import bill, lower prices have provided a big boost for the economy.

According to Nomura, every $10 per barrel fall in oil price can boost India's GDP growth by 10 basis points, lower consumer inflation by 20 basis points and improve current account and fiscal balance by 0.5 per cent and 0.1 per cent of GDP. Lower oil prices also support the rupee.

The collapse in crude oil prices has translated into lower petrol and diesel prices for Indian consumers. Falling oil prices also provide a big opportunity for investors as many companies are likely to make windfall gains. The following stocks get impacted because of the slump in crude oil prices:

1) Oil marketing companies - BPCL, HPCL, and IOC - will face pressure in the near term because of inventory losses, but in the long run lower oil prices will reduce subsidy concerns and benefit these stocks.

2) Auto companies (Maruti Suzuki, Hero MotoCorp, etc.) will benefit as the ownership cost of vehicles will come down because of falling oil prices. According to Nomura, a further Rs 4 per litre fall in petrol prices will lead to annual savings (assuming running of 30 km/day and mileage of 12 km/litre) of around Rs 4,000 for car owners.

3) Tyre companies (Apollo Tyres, MRF, Ceat and JK Tyres) will benefit from higher margins as 30-40 per cent of their raw material costs are linked to crude oil prices.

4) Industrials: Demand for diesel gensets could rise in near term, helping Cummins. Lower diesel prices will benefit Concor as it may lead to a cutback in railway freight rates.

5) Consumer: The biggest gainer will be Asian Paints as a huge chunk of raw materials are linked to crude derivatives, Nomura says. Godrej Consumers, HUL and Emami will benefit from lower prices of packaging materials, which are direct derivatives of crude, the brokerage added.

6) Power utilities such as Tata Power, Adani Enterprise and JSW Steel will benefit if benchmark thermal coal prices fall because of a drop in diesel prices. Reduction in price of diesel is also a positive for mining companies (Coal India). Nomura says fall in fuel oil will benefit private independent power producers where tariffs are not a pass-through (e.g. Adani Enterprises, Reliance Power).

7) Fall in LNG prices will benefit gas-powered power plant operators such as GVK Power, Lanco Infra, GMR Infra, Tata Power, Reliance Power and NTPC.

8) Airline stocks will also benefit as carriers spend nearly 40 per cent of their operating costs for aviation turbine fuel (ATF).

9) Among midcaps, JBF Industries, Bata India, Supreme Industries, V-Guard Industries, Havells India, Nilkamal Industries, Relaxo Footwear, Whirlpool of India will likely be big beneficiaries of the fall in crude prices, says domestic brokerage Nirmal Bang.

10) Finally, upstream companies like Cairn India, which is a pure crude oil play, will be badly hit because of the slump in oil prices. ONGC, Oil India and Reliance Industries will be also negatively impacted too. Nomura says falling crude prices may lead to investment curbs in the Middle East and impact companies such as L&T and Voltas, which have considerable exposure in the region.

revendar

all industries which uses crude/byproducts as raw material has its relation.

Tyre/rubber/paints/some fertilizers,OMCs etc.

We can also try to find relation like Yen-maruti and can make a killing. I will do some more analysis to find such.

We can also keep tracking US FDA approval deadines for some drugs by our Indian companies. I see that easily stock moves 5% either way.
Strangles/straddles can give good profits.

vikas2131

all industries which uses crude/byproducts as raw material has its relation.

Tyre/rubber/paints/some fertilizers,OMCs etc.

We can also try to find relation like Yen-maruti and can make a killing. I will do some more analysis to find such.

We can also keep tracking US FDA approval deadines for some drugs by our Indian companies. I see that easily stock moves 5% either way.
Strangles/straddles can give good profits.
Auropharma has largest no of pending approvals with USFDA if i am not wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.