Learning to catch High Probability Breakouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends good evening as always....
My 52 week breakout 17 stocks performance= - 5400 rs

today was so bad for me... if loss touches 8000 rs then i may be exiting this portfolio... Nothing good for bulls... ..

Lets see what happens in coming days
Hi Indianbank,
I am quite aware of your recent stocks picks and most of them were awesome (to be frank some of the similar stocks me to had in my portfolio like TVS electronics, Phytocare, Jubilant biochem, etc since I use IB for screening the break out candidates).

I thought you were in huge profit (assumed you made 10% capital gain) in the recent weeks. But surprised to see that your portfolio in red now. Why you did not book the profits? What went wrong in your side?

Note: I do scalping, swing and positional trading in equities.

ACC daily fut.
testing multi day/week/month down sloping trendline again. still weak.
if manages to close above 1304. highly risky chance to banta hai that it will bounce.
This stock tried to start upward move few days back and hit 1380. But nifty sell off came and its falling down. So acc will surely give break out but needs to consolidate again..

Selective stocks in few sectors like infra/power were already going up. So if nifty recovers those stocks can give 7-10% moves sharply.
Friend don't think that way.. Now these stocks are moving bcoz of news and not technicals. Hence once nifty moves up these stocks need not go up bcoz they already rose up and also news effect might be over by that time. Just my thought.

indianbank

Hi Indianbank,
I thought you were in huge profit (assumed you made 10% capital gain) in the recent weeks. But surprised to see that your portfolio in red now. Why you did not book the profits? What went wrong in your side?
As you said some of my stocks performed well... i dont think anything went wrong... if my loss is 10k then it will be 1% of my capital (its far now)...
Profits are seasonal.. some months may go very good for me.... some months may be so choppy or nagative...
If we analyze Yoy performance of nifty then last year nifty performed negative....
My december month portfolio is having 17 stocks and only 4 of them are in green..
You asked me question about booking profits... i dont think i made any mistakes or something went wrong...

(There are two type of traders....
---------------------------------------------
1. Small capital traders and they want high return of 300-400% yoy
2.Huge capital traders and they want 20-30% return yoy.
My ultimate aim is type 2 trader ,managing a fund in crores with yearly target return around 20-30 % , taking less risk. Coming years i may increase my trading capital... and year 2018 i hope i can trade with min 1 crore rs fund
These are my goals which can be achievable.... lets see how it works..)

Status
Not open for further replies.