I think that zerodha is tracking my orders. What should i do?

But no evidence was given as to why thread starter feels that his trades are tracked. In addition he has mentioned his profits....and also his contact datails. This gives rise to doubt about the intention of the thread starter himself.

Smart_trade
Sorry i dont know that sharing contact details is not allowed. I will not do it.

Not everyone's orders are visible even by paying. Only who sign up to become a star agrees to expose their trades. There are many people who do not wish to become part of opentrade as they are happy with their current setup and not wish to disclose it.
In my post I have not said that everybody's trades are visible. I have said that star traders trades can be seen by paying Rs 500. Star traders have given acceptance for showing their trades.They do not think that by disclosing their trades they loose their edge.

Yes some traders have opted not to join star traders but some have joined...so individual choice.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

deba72

I sometimes just wonder what would be the motivation of these stars.. Someone who is earning around 50 % or more on their good capital base ( few lakhs to few crores ) for them having 25-50 followers @ 300/- p.m ( Assuming Zerodha is passing on 60 % ) can't be any motivation. Recognition of their trading prowess is also not the motivation as their identities are hidden. So what may be the motivation for them to agree to be on the 'stars' list

DSM

Deba,

Plain and simple, it's money.... followers @ 50% sharing, would be 250 per follower . For 100 followers, Rs. 25,000 a month. If the trader is good, and has 1,000 followers, it will be Rs. 250,000! And for a index based systematic trader, with consistency, it can be more...

I sometimes just wonder what would be the motivation of these stars.. Someone who is earning around 50 % or more on their good capital base ( few lakhs to few crores ) for them having 25-50 followers @ 300/- p.m ( Assuming Zerodha is passing on 60 % ) can't be any motivation. Recognition of their trading prowess is also not the motivation as their identities are hidden. So what may be the motivation for them to agree to be on the 'stars' list

Money is no motivation. Probably willingness to help the learners by letting them observe the trades and try to see how they trade,without affecting their own performance. They are not willing to interact as it will put pressure of performance /being right on them.

Too early to say anything as the Zerodha Openstar is still in development stage.

Smart_trade

deba72

Deba,

Plain and simple, it's money.... followers @ 50% sharing, would be 250 per follower . For 100 followers, Rs. 25,000 a month. If the trader is good, and has 1,000 followers, it will be Rs. 250,000! And for a index based systematic trader, with consistency, it can be more...
Agreed. The most followed star now has 95 followers. So currently the money he/she may be earning is pretty less. And for others with 5-20 followers its not even peanuts.

deba72

Money is no motivation. Probably willingness to help the learners by letting them observe the trades and try to see how they trade,without affecting their own performance. They are not willing to interact as it will put pressure of performance /being right on them.

Too early to say anything as the Zerodha Openstar is still in development stage.

Smart_trade
Yes..it is too early to comment on the model. But I always feel, for such a model to succeed , biggest motivation of the stars can come from profit sharing. Anyway Zerodha guys must have put lot of thoughts into this. So lets wait and see.