I think that zerodha is tracking my orders. What should i do?

deba72

haha then also there is no guaranty that your trades are not being looked in to. Actually there are two scenarios in this case:

1. you are putting market/ limit orders in real time to take trades

2. you are using SL orders to take trades.

case-1 : You took a trade using market order, now the big guy will take trade in your direction with bigger position size. this will help your order and market may gain momentum in your direction

case-2 : You have used SL order to open in a trade, the big guy knows that where is your entry and from your available history he must be knowing your SL. So what he will try to do first trigger your trade by taking trade ahead of you. So he may hit your SL after triigerring your trade (So your SL will be his target) or will continue in your direction trade which will increase slippages to your account.

As you are saying you are successful then i assume its not "your SL = Big guy's target" scenario so don't mind that you are being followed.

PS: Around 2011-12 i was trading with a local broker in MCX (5000 Rs a month brokerage with unlimited trading) the moment i used to enter in to trade his ODIN advisory message used to come in my direction of trade,
that used to be a big mover in my favour :D

Your message reminds me of one funny incident :

Around 1994-1995, I used to buy physical shares from a very experienced sub-broker ( who also happened to be a ration dealer ) near my office. Some senior investor I knew referred me to him. Those days, I used to buy shares of companies whose NAMES I used to like, without caring to know any other info about them. Incidentally, my first few purchases turned out to be profitable ones in a short time. And I kept on buying from him. Then briefly I was transferred out of my city and my share trading activities were paused. After couple of months, he walked into my office looking for me. On being told, I no longer sit in that office, he left disappointed.

Much later I found out from the person who referred me to him, that he thought I was privy to some 'solid tips' ( as my first few trades were profitable ), he was also buying the same counters in huge quantities. I just laughed my heart out... And I kept on buying from him after I was back in my city using my own 'methods'....

And this continued till one day I bought "DSQ Software"......

Don't know what happened to him after that ... :lol:

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Your message reminds me of one funny incident :

Around 1994-1995, I used to buy physical shares from a very experienced sub-broker ( who also happened to be a ration dealer ) near my office. Some senior investor I knew referred me to him. Those days, I used to buy shares of companies whose NAMES I used to like, without caring to know any other info about them. Incidentally, my first few purchases turned out to be profitable ones in a short time. And I kept on buying from him. Then briefly I was transferred out of my city and my share trading activities were paused. After couple of months, he walked into my office looking for me. On being told, I no longer sit in that office, he left disappointed.

Much later I found out from the person who referred me to him, that he thought I was privy to some 'solid tips' ( as my first few trades were profitable ), he was also buying the same counters in huge quantities. I just laughed my heart out... And I kept on buying from him after I was back in my city using my own 'methods'....

And this continued till one day I bought "DSQ Software"......

Don't know what happened to him after that ... :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

goldenedge

Guys, I dont get it. Nothing happens if they track your trades. I'm pretty sure every broker tracks all profitable traders.

There are two possibilities. 1)They follow your position after you enter. It is good because you get a better price to get out. This is how most analysts on TV make money.
2) They follow your position by executing their trades first. In this case you will easily notice it. Most brokers never do this and if they do, change the broker.

I knew it from my first day that zerodha tracks trades. My positions get filled immediately after I enter. So, I think I am sure that they dont trade BEFORE your position gets executed. If they do, youre lucky. If people follow you and go long after you long a stock then it's good for you because market price will rise.

Trader987

The Disciplined Trader
I knew it from my first day that zerodha tracks trades. My positions get filled immediately after I enter. So, I think I am sure that they dont trade BEFORE your position gets executed. If they do, youre lucky. If people follow you and go long after you long a stock then it's good for you because market price will rise.

But what if broker gets your strategy after analysing your trades..

then he can trade before you...;)

sumosanammain

Even I am facing this problem. My broker is tracking what I eat for breakfast, and then he and his entire staff of Prop traders eat the same for breakfast,, which creates a huge problem for me, as my second helping prices are shooting up! Many days I have to suffice with just one helping as the rates are in breakout mode, in the short term charts.... even sambar is unaffordable 10 minutes after my first order!

Also, I have observed that my broker also tracks the route I take to my office, and his entire staff also takes the same route creating a lot of traffic on my way to office.

Thinking of changing my broker because of these issues. Please advise :)

Hey ST thinking of getting back in RJ mode... what say : ) :)

pannet1

Even I am facing this problem. My broker is tracking what I eat for breakfast, and then he and his entire staff of Prop traders eat the same for breakfast,, which creates a huge problem for me, as my second helping prices are shooting up! Many days I have to suffice with just one helping as the rates are in breakout mode, in the short term charts.... even sambar is unaffordable 10 minutes after my first order!

Also, I have observed that my broker also tracks the route I take to my office, and his entire staff also takes the same route creating a lot of traffic on my way to office.

:D
very very funny. motivates me to come here again and again.

Trader987

The Disciplined Trader

Which broker you are using...?:D:D:D

sumosanammain

sounds more like he is having affair with multiple girls and one is jealous of the other. could be girl friend and broker all rolled into one :D
Traders cant manage even one girlfriend, and you are talking of multiple? :)

Heck, Traders cant even find normal friends, and at least I have observed, that most successful traders have very few friends.

I may be wrong, as I have a habit of being wrong most of the time, but hey, My R:R is 1:3 :)

People who understand the last line, Thoko Tali :) Others go read Risk Management 101 :)

Hello friends
i am making around 1 lakh Rs. (inr) \month in trading equities intraday and few delivery trades.I am from india and i have account with zerodha.
My favourite shares are Asian paints and yes bank.
I think that zerodha do see my orders and check all my orders to see which are profitable trades and like wise do the same...My investment is 2lakh
Is there a way i can trade such that the orders cant be tracked and followed.
I can pay for it. it is not a problem for me.
Or if you have trading membership line i can pay as well.
I dont have more then 6-10 lakhs and it require very big amount to take direct line from nse..
Any solution for this..
Solution no1. Wait 10 months and earn 10 lakh to trade directly from NSE.

Solution no 2. Close Zerodha Account , Simple.

Solution no 3. If i were you , i would be rather happy that a broker house is taking position after i am taking position ! It would simply protect my Money ... will add volume in direction of my trade.

Solution no 4. Understand that every broker can do that if Zerodha can do that, so either trade directly with NSE or skip trading !

Solution no 5. talk directly with Zerodha.

If i were you .. my choice is No 3 :clapping:

Happy trading friends.