I think that zerodha is tracking my orders. What should i do?

I've heard of this kind of paranoid versions for practically all gizmos. Huawei chip is capable of recording all your conversations for ever.

Every camera built on top of every laptop is perpetually on and sends signals into some server.

Every mobile stores all the information and deleted sms forever (even if u do factory reset)

and so on and on ....
I am not going to those extreme cases but still these may happen. Look what mark zuckerburg doing https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/22/mark-zuckerberg-tape-webcam-microphone-facebook . You will say he is paranoid I will say he is intelligent

DSM

Mastermind,

I was about to say the same thing which MutualGuru posted - That Mark Zuckerberg has a masking tape placed over his laptop camera..... While I believe, (unless we are making crores of rupees each year in our trading account) it will seem paranoid to cover our tracks, in today's technologically connected world, it is not possible to trade without being tracked... even some guys at NSE (If we have a direct trading account) will be able to follow our trades, and in my mind, it is without a doubt, that brokers will surely that replicate trades of top traders/investors - or sell their trades ideas as 'calls' to their niche clientele.... and profit from it.... Only Zerodha has made it possible for traders to earn a share from what brokers otherwise do - without the knowledge of clients.....

I've heard of this kind of paranoid versions for practically all gizmos. Huawei chip is capable of recording all your conversations for ever.

Every camera built on top of every laptop is perpetually on and sends signals into some server.

Every mobile stores all the information and deleted sms forever (even if u do factory reset)

and so on and on ....

DSM

Zerodha has a concept of 'Star Traders' whose returns, instruments traded and frequency of trade is summarized and published on their portal.

https://opentrade.in/publishers/

So for a monthly fee of Rs. 500, other traders can follow the 'Star Trader' whose trades are notified to the followers on real time basis (SMS I presume) There is a revenue sharing mode between Zerodha and Star Traders, who can monitize their expertise and earn a decent or a good sum of money based upon how many followers they attract... this ofcourse will be based on their profitablity and consistency of return.

mastermind007

Na, I didnt bother about using a firewall and blocking amibroker in firewall is not such a good idea because amibroker uses internet for many purpose includes downloading data. Blocking amibroker with firewall may interfere with proper working of the software . Any way I wrote my own backtester and it solved my paranoia :)
Thats a might fine cure of paranoia

Just so you know, I practically fall for every paranoia and conspiracy theory because, lets admit it, most of them are lot more complete and lot more logical than official version.

On that note, Zerodha back office page tells you proudly of something called Quant which is an analytic tool to help you analyse your own trading pattern.

If they have it on web page facing client, it is quite logical to presume that they have certain batch report to trace out winners.

Maybe you should read through the fine-print of T&C they get you to sign on this.

mastermind007

Mastermind,

I was about to say the same thing which MutualGuru posted - That Mark Zuckerberg has a masking tape placed over his laptop camera..... While I believe, (unless we are making crores of rupees each year in our trading account) it will seem paranoid to cover our tracks, in today's technologically connected world, it is not possible to trade without being tracked... even some guys at NSE (If we have a direct trading account) will be able to follow our trades, and in my mind, it is without a doubt, that brokers will surely that replicate trades of top traders/investors - or sell their trades ideas as 'calls' to their niche clientele.... and profit from it.... Only Zerodha has made it possible for traders to earn a share from what brokers otherwise do - without the knowledge of clients.....
Yes, I saw that zuckeberg photo too.

vijayanscbe

IMO, I dont find any reason for your fear,

I will be very happy if some one track my trades or steals my strategy.
If more people using the same strategy means , that strategy has more power.
Even it may have power to move the market.

For example , If my strategy tells to buy at certain price, there will be more buyers(volume created by followers/stealers) i.e.who stealed my strategy, which makes that strategy more powerful :lol:

I dont know whether my Idea is also paranoid :lol:

wild

One time . My margin is not much left ( almost none) on my zerodha account, i have got a call from them to increase my margin.
i am not sure but they can track
hahaha :lol:
I doubt that you make 1L per month consistently. You don't even know the common procedures of trading like if your margin goes down certain mark, you will get a margin call & if you do't act, then the position/order will be squared off by the broker.
Bye the way, if you are getting margin call, then it means that you are in loss. That's completely different from your claim of 1L per month.
:lol: