I think that zerodha is tracking my orders. What should i do?

SexyTrader

This is why I love trading. No interruptions. No gf to suck my energy. Not many friends to waste time. No one to impress. Your hardwork pays you rewards(only you!).
I believe Girlfriends much easier to handle than trading :D

As girlfriends less unpredictable than Nifty ;)

mastermind007

Even I am facing this problem. My broker is tracking what I eat for breakfast, and then he and his entire staff of Prop traders eat the same for breakfast,, which creates a huge problem for me, as my second helping prices are shooting up! Many days I have to suffice with just one helping as the rates are in breakout mode, in the short term charts.... even sambar is unaffordable 10 minutes after my first order!

Also, I have observed that my broker also tracks the route I take to my office, and his entire staff also takes the same route creating a lot of traffic on my way to office.

Thinking of changing my broker because of these issues. Please advise :)

Hey ST thinking of getting back in RJ mode... what say : ) :)
Suggestion ONE:
Use Decoy breakfast. Prepare a bowl of cereal, add milk ... wait for a minute or so and then go eat your Idli Sambar..

Suggestion TWO:
Next, instead of commuting, I recommend you to use Teleporting devices that transmit your body particles from one part of world to any another using BPOIP 1.1 (Body Parts over Internet Protocol).

For security reasons, you must use Betamatrix security hash plugin with BPOIP protocol to encrypt your body parts en-route.

Be warned that if you keep easy to guess password and someone manages to hack it, he can steal some body particle and you will be reassembled with some missing body particle.

mastermind007

I believe Girlfriends much easier to handle than trading :D

As girlfriends less unpredictable than Nifty ;)
Which Wonderland are you living in, Alice?

Hello friends
i am making around 1 lakh Rs. (inr) \month in trading equities intraday and few delivery trades.I am from india and i have account with zerodha.
My favourite shares are Asian paints and yes bank.
I think that zerodha do see my orders and check all my orders to see which are profitable trades and like wise do the same...My investment is 2lakh
Is there a way i can trade such that the orders cant be tracked and followed.
I can pay for it. it is not a problem for me.
Or if you have trading membership line i can pay as well.
I dont have more then 6-10 lakhs and it require very big amount to take direct line from nse..
Any solution for this..
Hi I also want to give my opinion about this. Its a sad but reality that every brokers(RKSV,sharekhan,icici etc) and not just zerodha who will will look into traders portfolio for their own gain. Zerodha is one of the reputable brokers in india and there are others even worse brokers who will execute the orders with out your knowledge. Zerodha and other brokers have started their business to make money and not for charity. if they have a customer with good portfolio they definitely are going to copy and study the investment behaviours of that trader. The sad thing is you cant do nothing; even if you leave zerodha to a new brokers he/she will do the same or worse. The only way to avoid such problem is to trade directly with the exchange and became a broker yourself.

and in the end always create a backtesting enviroment yourself. You cant trust any closed source backtesting enviroment that includes amibroker.

SexyTrader

Any specific reason for this? I heavily depend on amibroker and its backtesting is quite accurate.
I am not singling out amibroker alone but all those close sourced softwares, sadly which includes amibroker also. Call me paranoid but I wont trust any backtesting softwares which dosent provide the source code. The reason is simple they can steal and send your winning strategy to their servers for their own personal gains. Adding and hiding such malicious codes in a close sourced software is very easy and the customer/user will never find out about this.

TracerBullet

I am not singling out amibroker alone but all those close sourced softwares, sadly which includes amibroker also. Call me paranoid but I wont trust any backtesting softwares which dosent provide the source code. The reason is simple they can steal and send your winning strategy to their servers for their own personal gains. Adding and hiding such malicious codes in a close sourced software is very easy and the customer/user will never find out about this.
If you are so paranoid, just block Amibroker in Firewall.

mastermind007

I've heard of this kind of paranoid versions for practically all gizmos. Huawei chip is capable of recording all your conversations for ever.

Every camera built on top of every laptop is perpetually on and sends signals into some server.

Every mobile stores all the information and deleted sms forever (even if u do factory reset)

and so on and on ....

mastermind007

As if there is any Firewall that is open source.

I've heard that even Windows OS tracks and saves every single file you open and every single site you've ever visited.

Na, I didnt bother about using a firewall and blocking amibroker in firewall is not such a good idea because amibroker uses internet for many purpose includes downloading data. Blocking amibroker with firewall may interfere with proper working of the software . Any way I wrote my own backtester and it solved my paranoia :)

Last edited: