How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

murthymsr said:
hi surge,

the pdf file referred by you is the first document in the process of the developement of this thread. I also read it and installed and started using QT since then. Many subsequent posts, addresed the various problems faced and the possible solutions. pl go through this thread once again (another thread also is coming up !) and post a detailed querry.

nothing could be made out of your one sentance querry, hance i am not in a position to provide any suggestion, however some guesses ......

1) hope it is the latest version
1) after installation, you may have to do web-update, hope you have done and the update includes NSE files.
3) you hv 2 set the regional timing to India in the program...
4) for NSE indices, you hv 2 configure seperately.

may be this four sentence answer may not solve your problem, but will at least emphasize the need for detail in posting a problem.

happy investing.

murthymsr
hi ..murthymsr........followed ur instructions ,.....now QT is working.....thanx.....they have mentioned a plug in to be used alng with QT in help file ,have u tried it?........

murthymsr

hi bharat,
sorry for delayed response.

quote:
.....they have mentioned a plug in to be used alng with QT in help file ,have u tried it?........
:unquote

i'm not sure of what you are referring. but if you are referring the API server settings on/off and port assignment, i have not tried. but as i new, this is a broadcast service by QT, where by other applications on the same computer can receive the data and run.

may be this link will give some more info.

http://www.quotetracker.com/help/qtserver.shtml

if you make a headway, please post in the thread.

murthymsr

hi....quote tracker has asked to subscribe to "integrated Trade-Ideas - Scan, filter and add alerts in real-time " ......has anybody tried it

Hi, i am a new member. i would love to have such a software running on my pc aiding my trading. but i am not able to find NSE entry in the software i have installed when we have to select DATA SOURCE. Can you help me out. Or it will be great if you could give the copy of installable file to me.

Thanks Novice1

murthymsr

hi himanshu,

please go through ALL the previous posts in this thread, which, in most of the situations are sufficient to guide you through the process of installation and usage.

if you still have a problem, feel free to post with full details of the problem faced.

all the best.

murthymsr

hi all

I downloaded softwre from quotetracker.com, i cannot see NSE India Real-Time in the drop down list box, can some one help me the step by step how to get this option in the list box.

thanks
rahul

murthymsr

hi market....
u may hv 2 do webupdate. pl go through all repeat ALL posts in this thread and you will find an answer to this and may be for your next questions also, if any.

lvgandhi

Thanks to novice and murthymsr. i am able to see the chart of intradata from qt in Fcharts. But one problem is still regarding time scale in FCharts for intraday. Though qt shows corrected india time, FCharts shows US EST eg I get 12:30 for 10 Am ISt. any one noticed this? Any solutions?

murthymsr

hi gandhi,

congratulations, you have achieved something which i have not attempted.
i am not aware of what ADDITIONAL benefits does viewing of QT exported data into Fcharts gives, but it is very interesting.

earlier i could use NETSTOCK ( You may refer my post in the SW section) exported intraday data into FCharts on a few occations.

you may make a post on the very procedure and what additional info this attempt gives. this may help others too.

coming back to your question, you may check up:

1) may be the program is taking default time, i.e. US Eastern. you may check up OPTIONS >> EDIT PREFERENCES >> Synchronise Time

2) OPTIONS >> EDIT PREFERENCES >> TIMING : Select Time Zone (India or the country you are in)

3) OPTIONS >> DATA SOURCES : chech the box "Always use system date for quotes.

one or more of above methods may work.

all the best.

murthymsr

murthymsr said:
hi himanshu,

please go through ALL the previous posts in this thread, which, in most of the situations are sufficient to guide you through the process of installation and usage.

if you still have a problem, feel free to post with full details of the problem faced.

all the best.

murthymsr

Hi had i question, is it possible to view the data in Metastock thru the data feed from quotetracker (esp. intraday quotes)

thks in advance

Sujesh