How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

murthymsr

No, QT is not presently configured to get quotes from yahoo as well as BSE directly.

QT can be configured to receive data from a few other Indian brokerage houses. If you have an account with them and if they provide BSE data, then only you may get BSE data. I have no info on this.

Hi Murthymsr,
I am trying to configure QT for NSE. All the stock symbols I can get from nseindia....don't know the nifty index symbol. if I enter "NIFTY" in QT, don't work. Could you tell me the index symbol? I know In yahoo, it is ^NSEI.

Regards,
rsg

murthymsr

Dear rsg,

hope u tried without the quotes for "NIFTY" and the indices were configurered to NSE India.

please refer my earlier post # 71 in this thread. Nifty & other indices were discussed.

At this time also, I am getting Indices in QT. If you have any further problem, respond with full details.

murthymsr

murthymsr

hi surge,

the pdf file referred by you is the first document in the process of the developement of this thread. I also read it and installed and started using QT since then. Many subsequent posts, addresed the various problems faced and the possible solutions. pl go through this thread once again (another thread also is coming up !) and post a detailed querry.

nothing could be made out of your one sentance querry, hance i am not in a position to provide any suggestion, however some guesses ......

1) hope it is the latest version
1) after installation, you may have to do web-update, hope you have done and the update includes NSE files.
3) you hv 2 set the regional timing to India in the program...
4) for NSE indices, you hv 2 configure seperately.

may be this four sentence answer may not solve your problem, but will at least emphasize the need for detail in posting a problem.

happy investing.

murthymsr

hi

can anyone tell me if i can get "future and options" data on QT.

and is there any other software to track "future and options" data - LIVe...for free ?