How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

murthymsr

hi sujesh,

i'm not sure, i have not tried but must be possible.

may be gandhi, who has just reported with succees 'exporting' QT data into FCharts may be of some help.

let us wait for his report.

all the best.

murthymsr

lvgandhi

Dear Mr.Murthy,

murthymsr said:
hi gandhi,

congratulations, you have achieved something which i have not attempted.
i am not aware of what ADDITIONAL benefits does viewing of QT exported data into Fcharts gives, but it is very interesting.

I just followed the instruction given by novice to set the API server button in preferences|misc tab on. Then in FCharts clicking intrday buton and setting source to quotetracker, gets intraday data. To view it we can use intraday charts option in the top right hand dropdown box. As a matter of fact, I didn't go for this any specific additional benefits compared to qt. I am not aware of all benefits of qt charts. But in Fcharts data can be viewed for various time slices 1 min, 2 minutes, 3 minutes etc. Further as data is stored in FC charts, we can view previous days data also in chart.

earlier i could use NETSTOCK ( You may refer my post in the SW section) exported intraday data into FCharts on a few occations.

Thanks for the info. I will look for it. If you can give any reference, it will be kind of you. Is netstock free software?

you may make a post on the very procedure and what additional info this attempt gives. this may help others too.

coming back to your question, you may check up:

1) may be the program is taking default time, i.e. US Eastern. you may check up OPTIONS >> EDIT PREFERENCES >> Synchronise Time

This only syncs time for qt.

2) OPTIONS >> EDIT PREFERENCES >> TIMING : Select Time Zone (India or the country you are in)

This I have done already. Hence in QT I get indian time.

3) OPTIONS >> DATA SOURCES : chech the box "Always use system date for quotes.

This I can't do as at present I am in USA using PDT(I am in CA)

all the best.

Thanks for the response.

murthymsr

hi gandhi,

quote:
Further as data is stored in FC charts, we can view previous days data also in chart.
:unquote
yes, this is the benefit.

netstock is free. please visit the link:
http://www.traderji.com/software/41...te-retrieval-software.html?highlight=netstock
additional benefit : NIL, so i have not pursued further. but i like netstock for its simplicity. it's portfolio viewer.

thanks for info.

murthymsr

lvgandhi

murthymsr said:
hi gandhi,

quote:
Further as data is stored in FC charts, we can view previous days data also in chart.
yes, this is the benefit.

I agree with you.

netstock is free. please visit the link:
http://www.traderji.com/software/41...te-retrieval-software.html?highlight=netstock
additional benefit : NIL, so i have not pursued further. but i like netstock for its simplicity. it's portfolio viewer.

Thanks for the link. I went through your post.
drawbacks are
1)Yahoo quotes are sometime having errors
2)quote is delayed by 15 min as you wrote. qt/fcharts it is about 3 to 4 mins.

I thought one more info may be useful.
Thanks to satya, I downloaded dataextractor and data also for two years. If data in format symbol,yyyymmdd,open,high,low,close,volume format is imported in aptistock, resulting folder can be used as external data folder in best charts. This to day I have checked. As such aptistock is also free good one. One draw back is aptistock takes only max of 11 files for import at a time. For two years data catagorised in folders for years/month and then importing in aptistock helps.

murthymsr

hi gandhi,

quote:
I thought one more info may be useful.
Thanks to satya, I downloaded dataextractor and data also for two years. If data in format symbol,yyyymmdd,open,high,low,close,volume format is imported in aptistock, resulting folder can be used as external data folder in best charts. This to day I have checked. As such aptistock is also free good one. One draw back is aptistock takes only max of 11 files for import at a time. For two years data catagorised in folders for years/month and then importing in aptistock helps.

yes, undoubtedly, satya's data extractor is the jewel sw of this forum.

this software is being further improvised by pkjha30 and next version is coming out in a few days for use by members. this has the facility for choosing the date format and also select the columns and their order.

once it is released, you may use to convert eod data for aptistock and give feedback.

murthymsr

Dear Gandhi;

"As such aptistock is also free good one. One draw back is aptistock takes only max of 11 files for import at a time. For two years data catagorised in folders for years/month and then importing in aptistock helps."

I am using Aptistock but the data downloaded by its inbuilt Downloader gives 2 days old data instead of todays EOD. Is there any option to adjust the date? The downloader downloads all the stocks of NSE but takes little more time. Where as FCharts inbuilt downloader downloads both NSE & BSE stocks data very fast ( in 5 secs).

Rao.

lvgandhi

Dear Mr.Rao
Let me answer your two questions one by one.

I am using Aptistock but the data downloaded by its inbuilt Downloader gives 2 days old data instead of todays EOD. Is there any option to adjust the date? The downloader downloads all the stocks of NSE but takes little more time.

Data extractor downloads data from NSE as bhavcopy file for a dates mentioned. Hence no question of getting old data. For example if start date is 01/01/2004(mm/dd/yyyy format) and end date is 12/31/2004 it downloads data files for those dates including start and end dates. Then it converts and makes files for each date. For example filename 01_01_2004_DX.txt for 01/01/2004.

Yes data extractor downloads all the stocks of NSE. Because data extractor downloads the data for each date for all the stocks and only chages the format as required by most softwares including aptistock. For Aptistock, you have to import each of these files. Aptistock does the job of converting it to individual stocks.

Where as FCharts inbuilt downloader downloads both NSE & BSE stocks data very fast ( in 5 secs).

Fchrts inbuilt downloader downloads data from yahoo site. Yahoo site has normally two days old data except weekends. The facility to download individual stock data in nse exists from their site if you visit the site not direct downloading as I can understand. As yahoo data is old and also sometimes having error, the data extractor is useful.
I think I made myself clear.

lvgandhi said:
Dear Mr.Rao
Let me answer your two questions one by one.

Fchrts inbuilt downloader downloads data from yahoo site. Yahoo site has normally two days old data except weekends. The facility to download individual stock data in nse exists from their site if you visit the site not direct downloading as I can understand. As yahoo data is old and also sometimes having error, the data extractor is useful.
I think I made myself clear.
great going Gandhi,

people like you are keep DataExtractor Alive.

Thanks
Satya

I'v downloaded and run the program. It does not show NSE realtime quote link. It shows walletwatch link. How to get NSE in the quote lists source?

lvgandhi said:
Thanks to novice and murthymsr. i am able to see the chart of intradata from qt in Fcharts. But one problem is still regarding time scale in FCharts for intraday. Though qt shows corrected india time, FCharts shows US EST eg I get 12:30 for 10 Am ISt. any one noticed this? Any solutions?

gandhi,

if you still have the above problem, even i too faced it, there is a simple solution to this in FCharts.

In FCharts, Click IntraDay button, you get the pop-up screen, select source as Quote Tracker, below it there is Time OffSet, enter 9 hrs and you'll get correct india times.

I was sucessful in setting this.

Even in QT, if you open charts and see different timings other than Indian Markets, then go to Preferences - > Time, add the offset as 9 hrs.

Hope, this helps all..... :)
Satya