How many years did you trade before 'U'

How many years trading before becoming a sucessful trader?

• From the First Day

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Three Months

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Six Months

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • One Year

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Two Years

Votes: 31 22.6%
  • Three Years

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Four Years

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Five - Ten

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • More than Ten

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters

4xpipcounter

Blitzz, Timepass got it partially right, but trading has to go beyond the addiction. There has to be passion and belief in what you do. Part of the passion for me is my love for math and chart reading. I knew once I learned it, I would be set. Busting 3 accounts accompanied impatience and the rush to go live.

My family and their wealth has nothing to do with it. I received no support from them. My uncle was already gone, so I never even got morale support from him, except through his legacy.

Bottom line is it took about 3 years to fully develop my methodology. Timepass nailed it right. I'd venture a safe guess that most people in this forum have bankrupted their account.

IMO, the worse thing anyone can do is to keep on just because of the lure of the money. It has to go beyond money. I think people have picked the wrong business if they are here for the money. There has to be a further motivation than that. IMO, the money will follow your passion.

How did you motivate yourself to trade even after busting your 3 accounts. and how did you manage your finances. Are you from wealthy family?

I have been trading since 2004, I was in my first trade, silver wire technology money. I bought that day, it rose 10 percent, to my pleasure, I can use it 500 rupees. Occurred several years after, ups and downs. I hit the golden age of 5-6 months, when I made ​​great money. I do almost all industries. After that, I played for a while, when I lost a month, I think, I can never go wrong, and fund management, is difficult to hit me the money

I guess you could say I've seen both ends of the extreme spectrum.

My uncle (1922--1994) was my personal human icon. Much of who and what I am today is because of my uncle. When I was a child, I became enthralled with his study of the stock markets, and then wanted to learn to read the data from the newspaper as it pertained to each stock. After all, if my uncle did it, and he was good at it, then in my little mind's eye, it just had to be right.

Time progressed, when finally in June 2004 I made up my mind I wanted to profitably invest in the stock market, in memory and dedication to my uncle. I made 100's of queries, then ended up talking to a broker, and he told me about forex. That sure sounded good, so on July 20,2004 my part-time job (I was working in the factory at the time.) was launched.

The worse thing that could have happened to me did on my demo account. Within the first week I made about 75%. I thought that was the way things were suppose to be. I did eventually bankrupt that demo account. LOL, I was relieved when I found out the broker would allow me to open another one.

Eventually, I opened a live account and bankrupted it too. I did that 2 more times.
Whew! I was going to the School of Hard Knocks. I did keep studying and learning all I could. Finally things start coming around. Slowly but surely, the process of my methodology was coming to fruition.
2007 was the biggest year for me with regards to the makeup of my methodology. I was having a casual conversation with someone that led into him sending me an e-mail. I happened across an idea, did some figuring, put some numbers together, and my proprietary set of S&R's was born. Later in that year, I invited someone to my chat room to let him explain to my people the ichimoku cloud. He used it as a standalone, and we were all impressed, but no one nibbled, except me. Needless to say, I don't use it as a standalone, but it is the cornerstone of my methodology.

Just to bring it up-to-date, I love trading. It is not just an income, but a hobby that I love. This is all I do as far as work is concerned. I have no ulterior financial interests. Even though it has been 17 years since my uncle has passed on, and I still miss him, his legend will live as long as I do.

I'll also add that for all newbies reading this that I hope you understand it does not matter how long it takes. It is very necessary to be patient. I could have avoided bankrupting the 3 accounts like I did if I was more patient. Make sure you have soundly developed a methodology to trade by, money management skills, and you have the proper mental discipline that all traders need. Don't forget even if it takes you 10 years, you will still have the rest of your life to reap the rewards. You will then look back at all those years of learning as time being a drop in the bucket.

I am total Ichimoku trader myself. Will put my two cents worth in the end .

Cheers

SexyTrader

I would say 1 year before I got the real good hang of trading profitably

I never risked more than what I was comfortable with, so I never busted my capital...I played safe until I got it right! :thumb:

I'm NOT greedy, but very ambitious :p and I will get what I wish without taking any undue risks! That's my personal agenda in trading coz I love it :thumb:

Iniitially I was a trading for my clients with the help of my senior's help, later I invest my own amount and can able to cum up with a minimum loss and also with a minimum profit. normally I dont hold my positions, I will do only intraday. That help me to be a successful trader for these 6 years.

stock72

The painful thing is i need to discard my own below statement / guess..
what actually happened after jan 2012....my account blown out ... ( guess sultan - a tj member - warned me then ). Funds ( 100k ) moblised again on oct 2012 with new system / money mangement etc and so far ( till end march 2013 ) 60% profit....
let me wait till oct 2013 and see whether i have made any u turn in past 8 years of trading .....

What happened and happening to me is to continue then though it is too early..... i would say from jan 2012 i took a u turn ... that means after seven years .....