How many years did you trade before 'U'

How many years trading before becoming a sucessful trader?

• From the First Day

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Three Months

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Six Months

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • One Year

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Two Years

Votes: 31 22.6%
  • Three Years

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Four Years

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Five - Ten

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • More than Ten

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters

Klewtar

I was also successful in my trading on the first day. Five days later, my account was wiped out :)

Even with a not very successful trading system, a trader can make profits in their first month. It takes more than 3 months of trading to realize whether one will stay successful or not. 2 years and 1 month after starting trading, I'm on my fifth week of profit, only time will tell if I have escaped the bottom of the U

Last edited:
Rethink

It is not how many years you traded
but it is how much money you have taken from markets
and how far you improved your lifestyle!

End result is what matters.
Having a good mentor,getting trained in market basics,using winning edge systems with built in money management,risk control,rigorous testing,forming perfect rules and trade by rules
One must do these things.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Father Ramanov & a stock broker both died and went to heaven.

Father was given a small 2 br flat while stock broker was given a palace like that of Bill gates-with all comforts.

Father Ramanov thought how come such a thing happen in spite of his service to Lord & his people,and he enquired with an angel,in charge of the area about this seeming injustice.
Angel said " Up here,we go by the results. When you gave lectures in church,everybody practically slept. But when the stock broker worked,practically all traders prayed & prayed. that is why"

VJAY

Rethink

It is not how many years you traded
but it is how much money you have taken from markets
and how far you improved your lifestyle!

End result is what matters.
Having a good mentor,getting trained in market basics,using winning edge systems with built in money management,risk control,rigorous testing,forming perfect rules and trade by rules
One must do these things.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Father Ramanov & a stock broker both died and went to heaven.

Father was given a small 2 br flat while stock broker was given a palace like that of Bill gates-with all comforts.

Father Ramanov thought how come such a thing happen in spite of his service to Lord & his people,and he enquired with an angel,in charge of the area about this seeming injustice.
Angel said " Up here,we go by the results. When you gave lectures in church,everybody practically slept. But when the stock broker worked,practically all traders prayed & prayed. that is why"
Good narration/thoughts.....:thumb::rofl::rofl:

rajsumi121

:DI am doing trading from 2008 ..... lost huge money in day trading around 40 lac ..( which I made in my real estate business) ...still a loser .. improvement is just little ... now market can't hit me hard as I play with proper risk management ..but I took emotional trade still now as I was taking in 2008-2009 . from last 1 year I earned 1.5 lac rs and no loss during this period ... I can say now about my trading that I am fully confident about not loosing more money in market but if I say about consistent profit ..I can't comment anything with confident but I will become very successful trader for sure in next 6 months .:clapping::clapping::)

Einstein

I never traded, open sharekhan account with 2,000 capital. lost all in day trading.. then done some(super huge) research on fundamentally strong stock.. holding alembic pharma since january and had made about 60% profit out of it. I have around huge quantity around 10,000 and will not sell them before 2015.

I also do trade in options, did bought 10 infy call based on my analysis and made a decent ROI of about 100%.

you can call me an investor I don't trade. I want to be in stocks for decades.. so I invest and wait.