GoodNews for Options traders.

Hi Naresh,
though now they have to charge brokerage on premium the brokerage amount is still 1.5% so still brokers are going to charge higher brokerage and make same money.
Though in long run i agree it will benifit everyone.

I just asked my broker, and they say "we are working on this, and will let you know when we decide new brokerage structure, Till than old structure will continue". NSE and SEBI should be strict in forcing these rules. As per my knowledge, the circular stated that now onwards Charge brokerage on option premium, But still these guys are charging old brokerage rates, A clear violation of Rules.

yes, i enquried nse, they told it was effective frm 5th jan,
if someone not respecting the same , is a clear violation of rules and regulation and nse shold take action in this regard.

U

uasish

yes, i enquried nse, they told it was effective frm 5th jan,
if someone not respecting the same , is a clear violation of rules and regulation and nse shold take action in this regard.
Rajib,
Plz keep your vigil and thank you for keeping us posted.
Asish

I informed my broker about this and now waiting for his reply, Meanwhile I have some open option position, so I might know soon.. By the way, I think shifting to some other brokerage house would be better option. I might save substantial amount of money, which I spent on brokers.

Interestingly I calculated how much I paid to kotaksecurities in last 1 year, the total sum was 50000Rs as brokerage. After Brokerage my profit is 60000rs, So If I would have used broker like Reliance Money, My profit after brokerage would have been 80000. a clear 60-80% more profit.

U

uasish

I informed my broker about this and now waiting for his reply, Meanwhile I have some open option position, so I might know soon.. By the way, I think shifting to some other brokerage house would be better option. I might save substantial amount of money, which I spent on brokers.

Interestingly I calculated how much I paid to kotaksecurities in last 1 year, the total sum was 50000Rs as brokerage. After Brokerage my profit is 60000rs, So If I would have used broker like Reliance Money, My profit after brokerage would have been 80000. a clear 60-80% more profit.
Neo,
I am at klokata & Reliance Money will start their full fledged operation by end Jan,am very optimistic about the brokerage part ,lets wait & see.
Asish

guys,
I did couple of transactions yesterday in Options, and still Kotaksecurities charged me brokerage on strike price + premium, Not on only premium. Those would be my last transactions with them, and I am closing the account.

By the way, What are our options against such rule violations?