GoodNews for Options traders.

Sharekhan too join the bandwagon . One of the higest brokerage. I am switching to something better !!
here is their message -

Brokerage charges on option contracts w.e.f. February 23, 2007

Dear Customer,

Kindly note that as per circular nos. NSE/LEGL/8319 and NSE/INSP/8338 issued by NSE permissible brokerage rates on Option contracts will be charged only on the Premium amount.

Further, the amount of brokerage charged will not exceed 2.5% of the premium amount or Rs 100, whichever is higher.

In view of the same, you are requested to note that w.e.f. Feb 23, 2007, the brokerage charged on options contracts will be only on the premium amount.

The above brokerage rate shall be applicable for each lot and shall be on each leg i.e. both on buy as well as sell.

Brokerage rates for trades in future contracts will remain the same

RK Global's Delhi office says that they charge brokerage of Rs.9/- per Options contract.

Existing RKG clients on traderji could confirm whether this true.

Hi guys,
At last Kotak has also started following new Option brokerage structure from 22nd Feb. They are now charging 2% of premium or 50rs whichever is higher. You know what, Now they are charging me more average brokerage than Nifty Future itself. :)
Neo

Last edited:
Indiabulls Clients.
Has indiabulls started charging brokerage on the premium amount or it is still charging brokerage on the contract value ?
If its charging brokerage on the premium amount what is the rate of brokerage ?

Indiabulls Clients.
Has indiabulls started charging brokerage on the premium amount or it is still charging brokerage on the contract value ?
If its charging brokerage on the premium amount what is the rate of brokerage ?
They are charging 2.5% on premium amount or Rs 100/- which ever is higher .

Naresh