Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

humble

Re: Live discussion Saint's - 60 minute flow

Hi,

Guys, pardon me for an out of topic question. Could someone please let me know, what software you guys are using for "Charting"? I have a TradeTiger account from Sharekhan, in which I get charts only for the last 5 days. I would like to create charts for data[stocks, futures and commodities] longer then the previous 5 days.

Regards,
-Sri

columbus

Hi,

Guys, pardon me for an out of topic question. Could someone please let me know, what software you guys are using for "Charting"? I have a TradeTiger account from Sharekhan, in which I get charts only for the last 5 days. I would like to create charts for data[stocks, futures and commodities] longer then the previous 5 days.

Regards,
-Sri
Intraday Charts of last 5 days are available but EOD charts since 2000 are available.You choose DLY on INTRADAY BAR SIZE.

beethoven

Hi,

Regards,
-Sri
You can save the tick data from trade tiger and start building you own database which you can use in any charting software. Or use daily update of futures data IEOD from Soumya's excellent service.
Bee

jatayoo

beethoven/ST,

my understanding is that, in a long trade, we have to shift SAR to latest pivot low, only when we have a higher pivot high. reverse for short trade.

quote:

A.PIVOTS:-Let us talk shorts,as the case is always to talk in terms of longs..Lower Pivot Highs and Lows,visible ones,visually obvious ones,every breakdown to new lows is an opportunity to bring stops down to the latest pivot high.

unquote.

now my position is I am long at 18/3's 2pm bar. at that time my SAR is at 17/3's 3.00pm bar.

now, no new higher pivot high was made after my entry.

so, my question is, whether to keep SAR at the low of 17/3, or to shift it to low of 18/3.?

hope to get an answer even after trading hours.

To the low of 18th march because it is a pivot as well.
My 2 cents .

komal didi,

I have no doubt about shifting SAR to today's 3p.m. bar, as it is a WRB and also a pivot.

by doubt is at 10A.M. today what is the SAR? low of 17/3 or low of 18/3?

please through some light.
Hello Prasadam,

At 10 :00 am today,our SAR was at 17/3 low because 18/3 low was not defined as a pivot till that tine. For that to be a PL ,either of the two thing must happen :

1) We should break 18/3 high whish we had not done OR 2) we should have a long sideways movementabove 18/3 low to call it a pivot ? Now long is how long ? I like to see atleast 4-5 bars sideways move above the 18/3 low. So at 1:00 or 2:00 we can consider it as pivot. There are other reasons also which I will mention in next few posts.

After 3:30 bar we have todays low as pivot low now.

Smart_trade

To the low of 18th march because it is a pivot as well.
My 2 cents .

I have tried to answer that querry in the above post.....hope I have undersyood the question correctly.

ST

Guess this is a sideways movement like a flag formation. So March 17 low and March 18 hi become the respective support and resistance. ST and others may confirm this please.

I am now shifting my SARs accordingly.

Bee
Bee , this movenent now looks like a flag but I was not considering as a flag because 1) In the flag,volumes diminish. Today the sideways movement had normal volumes.

2) Most important point to note is flag is a corrective pattern,and the flag will never start with a WRB.This movement started with a WRB of 3:00 bar on 18th. So the market reversing had very good chance. It did not is a different thing.When we had 4-5 bars above 3:00 bar low yesterday,it was considered as a pivot but the fact that when market broke PL but did not clear MF in two hourly bars indicated that reversal was fake.

Best Wishes,

ST

Status
Not open for further replies.