General Trading Chat

soft_trader

@Smart_trade sir & others,

Which is better for investing in mutual funds:
1. Fixed SIP amount or,
2. SIP topup (got this concept from ICICI MF website in which SIP amount increases every year by a fixed percentage)

Also I plan to continue this SIP for a very long time (~20 years), so buying mutual funds in demat form better, or I should keep them as units under a folio? Keeping mutual funds in demat is safer? What are the pros and cons?

PreSap

Will write a post on profit taking when time permits...

Smart_trade
Hello ST sir,

I see the proficient pivot traders take a lot of entries and adds on aggressive pivots instead of waiting for the regular pivots which are the meeting point of a rally and decline.
Is there a write up on aggresive pivots? I understand some parts where it's a bar which is of the opposite colour to the bars of the trend and is generally an inside bar. Where is the entry point and where is the stop loss when aggressive pivots are used?

Hello ST sir,

I see the proficient pivot traders take a lot of entries and adds on aggressive pivots instead of waiting for the regular pivots which are the meeting point of a rally and decline.
Is there a write up on aggresive pivots? I understand some parts where it's a bar which is of the opposite colour to the bars of the trend and is generally an inside bar. Where is the entry point and where is the stop loss when aggressive pivots are used?
Aggressive pivots are used when the underlying stock or index in trending strongly,either up or down.One must understand why use aggreggive pivots.These are used to take larger size trades without increasing the overall risk when the odds of trade working out in our favour are strong.One can take a large position with very small stoploss of say 5-7 points in Nifty fut...if the trade works out well,it gives large rewards ,if it does not workout, our losses are small and well defined.

In a downtrending market, the entry is break of a low of green bar which is in the belly of bearish trend bars and the stop can be at the high of that aggressive pivot bar or at the high of the mother bar....as the markets are in strong downtrend, we have odds of this trade working out in our favour .The same for uptrending markets...

Smart_trade

VJAY

Well,tell me single system which is traded successfully by majority ?? ,just learning a system is not enough,designing robust MM,psyche of trader and execution are vital parts !!! failure of later part is key among many traders for there failure story !!

i settled with D and S with Market Profile, how many are able to trade that ?? ,even trading .., if we are unable to add MM,PSYCHE,and EXECUTION we are sure of our failure !!!
True....for success in trading one shud follow single method otherwise its just switching all times:DD

99% of systems get crushed in sideways market.
any system makes money in a trend
so trade when there is a trend
In the flat, you can also trade well. It is important to know what trend or flat. Sometimes the emerging trend is very let down. I recently just losses got to about the breakdown. I thought that the trend started and opened an order is very unprofitable.

soft_trader

where to find market wide position limits realtime ??

its become compulsory to know now as margin will be decided according to market wise position levels of any fno script
I think it is better for SEBI to declare that no leverage is allowed for F&O (which is their actual intention), rather that doing this drama every other day. Traders have much more things to focus on to during trading, rather than keeping an eye on MWPL / margin requirement / other stuffs, every hour. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Or maybe in future there would be an index of "SEBI margin reqirements" which we can trade on!

toocool

Not correct. Major PL and Major PH marked by you are visual PL and PH. Other pivots marked are minor PH and minor PLs....

Smart_trade
sir

there are few confusion in last 2 days chart of nifty futures

in my view red arrows are vph and vpl and blue are major hi and lo

and above red lines the visual uptrend , and below red line visual down trend , and with that confirmation of major hi and lo

please share your way of seeing it in little details

Also please share your possible trades here on this chart

regards

Attachments

Last edited: