General Trading Chat

lemondew

Lets consider yesterdays charts. Now in a higher tf we are oscillating between 10615 to 10505 in last 3 days. So basically a day close above or below the levels would mean chance of move outside boundary. Sideways otherwise. We are in 100-120 point sideways. Now in sideways we may shoot outside these boundaries of 10620 to 10505 by 20 to 30 points either sides or we may fall in sideways before going to edges. What technique in 100 point ranges and I have tried entering the edges before but then the shoot outside the edges takes out the positions. Also we may not oscillate from one edge to the other without retracement. Find it to taxing in these markets. What system in these sideways and how these problems are handled??

Kindly answer at your leisure. dont let my queries sap your energy out :)

For intraday I just see 5/3 min timeframe ...
Try taking breakouts from a consolidation, they have better success rate.....
I try to be out of any trade when market is just limping around and going sideways.......that saves my energy and capital losses.I have no problem if I dont take a trade for the full day......if the market is volatile in large range but sideways, then I have my systems which give small profits with small risk...but if the market is not moving I prefer not to trade...

Smart_trade
You have to find out what works for you...what works for someone else may not work for you.....

Lets consider yesterdays charts. Now in a higher tf we are oscillating between 10615 to 10505 in last 3 days. So basically a day close above or below the levels would mean chance of move outside boundary. Sideways otherwise. We are in 100-120 point sideways. Now in sideways we may shoot outside these boundaries of 10620 to 10505 by 20 to 30 points either sides or we may fall in sideways before going to edges. What technique in 100 point ranges and I have tried entering the edges before but then the shoot outside the edges takes out the positions. Also we may not oscillate from one edge to the other without retracement. Find it to taxing in these markets. What system in these sideways and how these problems are handled??

Bhai for intraday trader 100-120 points in nifty fut is a good tradable swing......as you know that on larger timeframes the market is sideways, dont try to catch breakouts out of this 100-120 points range, so look to trade within this 100 points range and make 15-20 points .....there are 3-4 trades yesterday on 2/3 min timeframe ( not possible to take all trades ) and even if you take 1-2 you make 30-40 points which is good enough....

Smart_trade

On Friday the market oscillated between 10580 and 10640 or 60 points range.....when you try to trade this sideways range of 60 points then one should use a tool which is sensitive to catch such small moves...here trading breakouts wont work.......but here one should trade small swings by my P-1 entry technique ( I have explained this many times ) or a inside bar breakout in the direction of small swings....these will give you small 15-20 points trades with 10-12 points stoploss...there are many such trades on Fridays chart....catch 1-2 and that is enough.....

Bhai raasta to hamein hi khojna hain...koi bahar wala aakar hamein raasta nahi dikhane wala hain....

Smart_trade

iwillwin

On Friday the market oscillated between 10580 and 10640 or 60 points range.....when you try to trade this sideways range of 60 points then one should use a tool which is sensitive to catch such small moves...here trading breakouts wont work.......but here one should trade small swings by my P-1 entry technique ( I have explained this many times ) or a inside bar breakout in the direction of small swings....these will give you small 15-20 points trades with 10-12 points stoploss...there are many such trades on Fridays chart....catch 1-2 and that is enough.....

Bhai raasta to hamein hi khojna hain...koi bahar wala aakar hamein raasta nahi dikhane wala hain....
Smart_trade
Superb sir

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

Smart_trade
Ye raaste waali baat, badi baat hai......

Vivek

If the market is trending then breakouts have better chances of success...if the market is sideways ,breakouts have more chances of failures...so first we have to judge if the markets are trending and then expect breakouts to work out or fail....

Smart_trade
Thanks Sir for your reply.
If we consider VISUAL trend of 3/5 min , is that enough? I meant if we are in clear VISUAL UP OR DOWN, then we consider it trending market.&
If we are in visual sideways, we will look for BREAKOUT FAILURE/REJECTION?
Am I right in understanding?
Please write some detailed posts about those kinds of vph/vpl failure according to pivot methods also
thanks

soft_trader

Debit card is free, supplied by the Bank, but credit card has some sort of AMC, right ?
Debit card is not free unless one has jandhan yojana or HNI account. Credit cards are of different varieties, some are lifetime free, some have AMC which can be waived off by fulfilling certain purchase limit. And some cards have mandatory AMC.

one major difference which shopping with credit and debit card is that, with debit card the amount goes from your account directly, but with a credit card the transaction goes through a settlement mechanism (much like a cheque clearing system you may say) which takes 1-3 working days for the merchant to receive the payment, and in the meantime if you detect a fraud then your bank can easily block that transaction and investigate in that matter.

Similarly, another benefit with credit card is that, if you suppose purchase anything with credit card but you are not satisfied with that product/service, and the merchant is not co-operating with you and not giving you refund, then you can file a chargeback with the bank and if you have valid proofs to support your case then the bank will give your money back.

lemondew

I admire your energy to answer so many questions put up by so many users. Your commitment to help traders is unbelievable.
At this juncture I did not think of 20 point reference in a 100 point range. This looks good and logical from first view to trade tf which seems to trend. And avoid tf which doesnt seem to. Though I cannot say how this would fare. Never done so.

I have not seen charts well from 20 point reference. I have done some mechanical testing though.

I did some mechanical testing for last 8 years and found that with a 60 - 100 point reference nifty moves clean more times than stays in the same place in long run. So even if the trader is not very good in staying out of sideways, cannot identify well with direction he may still after all the loosing trades/ long drawdowns may be able to get something. In intraday its less cleaner. Offcourse backtesting could be limited since I have 1 minute data and signals are late. Hence I have had tendencies to trade longer timeframe.

Was wondering after a little bruise/ loss we realise higher tf is sideways.Just thinking we may face the same problem which we had with a 100 point reference.

Now in 10505 to 10615 we were good for last 2 days. Its possible that in this 120 point range we can be 25 point sideways from 10615 to 10590 or 10575 to 10550 with a +-10 point shooting either sides of boundary. Also the problem of 3 steps forward 2 steps backward move from sideways and then back into sideways is possible. I know we discussed 3 steps forward 2 steps back you suggested to buy on dips.

Would check some charts and comeback on this one

Bhai for intraday trader 100-120 points in nifty fut is a good tradable swing......as you know that on larger timeframes the market is sideways, dont try to catch breakouts out of this 100-120 points range, so look to trade within this 100 points range and make 15-20 points .....there are 3-4 trades yesterday on 2/3 min timeframe ( not possible to take all trades ) and even if you take 1-2 you make 30-40 points which is good enough....

Smart_trade

Smart_trade

Last edited: