General Trading Chat

Could anyone please help me understand this .
LINDE INDIA LTD- has informed BSE that they are planning to delist the stock to take complete ownership of the business. if it delisted how will the investors get their money back if its delisted? and why it is moving up because of this news? Is there any possibility to sell shares after it is delisted? in that case how will we know the fair price of the stock?

Riskyman

Could anyone please help me understand this .
LINDE INDIA LTD- has informed BSE that they are planning to delist the stock to take complete ownership of the business. if it delisted how will the investors get their money back if its delisted? and why it is moving up because of this news? Is there any possibility to sell shares after it is delisted? in that case how will we know the fair price of the stock?
Once the delisting process is approved by all entities concerned, the company will set a price and investors will have to tender all the shares. This price is usually at a premium to the current market price. This is like a buy back with only difference being that the company will buy back the entire free float from the market. Having bought back the shares, the company will delist the stock from the trading bourses. Why is the price going up? The price is going up because investors/ speculators like me and you may want to buy the shares from the market today and sell back to the company at a premium in the near future when the delisting process is spun into action It's almost a guaranteed risk free return for us.
No you cannot sell shares after the shares are delisted.
We don't know the fair price of the stock. The company will set a floor price. If minority shareholders feel this doesn't reflect the true value of the shares then they are unlikely to tender their shares. Since they will be holding a minority stake the company cannot delist the shares. So the company will have to offer better prices to entice the minority shareholders to sell stock. If and when this price discovery happens all shares are tendered and the stock is delisted.

Yes..
First 3 -4 years always losses.
After that 3-4 years green red..
Luckily 2008 fall good profit.

Since 2008 graph is rising promisingly. Managed to create some assets with trading profits.but.. No portfolio.

Sent from my vivo 1801 using Tapatalk
Hi Nitin Sir
Please share your trading journey with us whenever you have time.
As its always learning & motivating to see profitable experienced trader & learning from their trading journey .Newbies like me get lot of motivation .
thanks

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
The notion is the same, for example SBI still charges me Annual Debit Card for inr. 150 or something. Its a general SB a/c.

Same way, most CC had AMC, many don't and others require an annual spend of say inr. 50k to wave it off.
There are a lot of schemes but owning a CC is certainly useful.
Traders already know risk control, so don't want to get into why one shouldn't have a CC.

You get Reward point benefits, some offer accident cover etc, I get cashback on bill payments, another benefit for example is I get complimentary lounge access at airports :)

ICICI used, probably still has, they give you a direct CC against FD.
Earlier it wasn't easy go get a CC, most ppl got it via corporate salaried A/C's etc otherwise you need a good ITR, or a normal CC with a very low Credit Limit.

Time is important, the longer you hold one, your Credit Limit gets upgraded and CIBIL etc, although I haven't bothered about CIBIL yet.

Just a side note, for ppl or traders who look for gains on any Financial Trx, when you get a 50 day payment cycle for eg, even if its 5k and the SB interest of 3-4% is virtually like inr. 12-14, its still a gain, isn't it? :D:D
You are spot on.

vikas2131

You must have stocks as well as Mutual Fund portfolio.Market corrections are great opportunities for building portfolio for long term.

1) Buy stocks which have last 5 years Min 15 % growth in sales and 20 % growth in net profits.

2) Buy stocks of companies in which management is fair to shareholders.Dont ever touch shares of doubtful management companies.

3) Concentrate on companies with growth not on dividends. Good companies dividend yield will not even be 2-3 % per year.

4) Buy shares of good companies which are hot by temporary setbacks but these companies are first class companies with dominant market share.

5) One has to monitor his portfolio once in a year to see which stocks are performing.

6) Never be scared of corrections....they are discount sale for investors...

7) Market never goes up in a straight line.It will have corrections .

8) Never invest with borrowed capital and with leverage.....invest in companies where you can shut your terminal and go on a month’s vacation .

9) Keep your expectations moderate....a 20% CAGR for 20-25 years in investments or in trading cam make a person very rich......the key is consistency in getting this CAGR.Ferget about making 1 Cr starting from Rs 50,000 in 5 years...such things can only be achieved in excel sheets.

Smart_trade
Exactly . Media does this especially in case of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala who they say became a billionaire from Rs 5000 . What they conveniently omit that he was able to get 10 Lakhs to trade and invest back in 1980s which still is a big amount for middle class family in india even today after 30 years . Mr Jhunjhunwala is pretty good trader and investor but this 5000 to billionaire did not happen exactly.

common account means same capital can utilize on commodities and equities trading (nse+mcx). earlier we need sepreate balance for nse and mcx.
I understand that. I am asking our members' experiences about it. Any other brokers offering this, except Finvasia ?