General Trading Chat

This about bringing coop banks under RBI, right? Or is it something more? If former, no effect...
Maybe we will see the PSU banks gobbling up the co-operative banks.

Maybe those which are in trouble... but not all... yesterday there was a news about PMC bank approaching other lenders for merger or something... It's a good thing though... political hold on cooperatives should be smashed...
Even better, political use of the PSU banks should be smashed. I think that the co-op banks and credit societies have done more for the common man, and the PSUs for the uncommon man :D

Even better, political use of the PSU banks should be smashed. I think that the co-op banks and credit societies have done more for the common man, and the PSUs for the uncommon man :D
uske liye toh UPA time se hi solution available hai sir... first step of Bank Board Bureau was created after so much delay and with so much resistance... then further make holding company for all PSBs to ringfence appointments and management from political interference - this is also being delayed... because no govt wants to do that... same with police reforms (anyway, I digress)... PSBs ka naam yuhi badnaam ho raha hai . :)

I think he is hoping for a virtuous cycle... easy money - more spending - more demand - more supply - more capacity expansion - more jobs - more money - and so on... unko kya pata ki instead, sab Happiest minds mein paisa laga rahe hai... ;)
Sounds like another Act of God scenario; what, in India, we call Rambharose.

Railway privatisation a win-win situation, says Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant
“It is like when private banks were set up in India. So many private players started participating in the banking sector. But that didn’t lead SBI to shut,” Kant said on the privatisation of the railways.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...mitabh-kant/story-8CpqZBm98awloA6vViy20H.html

Looks like Mr. Kant is not familiar with the realities of bus and air travel. Comparison with Banks is comparing apples and oranges.