General Trading Chat

so few MP's get infected they want lockdown parliament, rest of country can enjoy and go to mall
The malls generate revenue, a parliament session consumes revenues :)

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
This news could be important for the markets.

Monsoon Session likely to be curtailed amid Covid-19 threat, most parties in favour
“There is a consensus on curtailing the Parliament session. We left it to the discretion of the Speaker while adjusting business of the house,” a participant of Parliament’s Business Advisory Committee meeting said.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...s-in-favour/story-fF1CbVMfdsNHOTomEsDQyH.html
There is a slim chance that we might have a second lockdown. Cannot verify. But had few correct information from my friend's dad about gov decisions.

checkmate7

There is a slim chance that we might have a second lockdown. Cannot verify. But had few correct information from my friend's dad about gov decisions.
That was fake news going around for sometime which was cleared by government...baaki Mitron... ho jaaye 8pm to pata nahi :DD

Baccho ka exams bhi conduct kara diya... schools bhi reopen kar rahe hai... Parliament session should continue for full monsoon term just on moral principles alone...
I don't know. I agree with cutting short the session. Maybe have an extra session some time later. Maybe the MPs can be more useful in their constituencies or other corona related work at this time.

Just an academic discussion aimed at better understanding of the subject matter...
Anyone. They will pick profitable routes or one which are very busy. But with govt caring for safety and providing maintenance free...
"They will pick profitable routes or one which are very busy" - Isn't that good? We can have (track traffic permitting) multiple trains on busy routes thereby reducing waiting lists...

"govt caring for safety and providing maintenance" - Can't they give out contracts for maintenance and track addition/expansion like the Highway BOT toll model?

oh yes, they are serious players, no doubt. What I doubt is the public utility of the privatization drive. It may reduce the movement of people and goods, which is a building brick of our economy.
Maybe I was misunderstood. What I was actually wondering was why will private players want to compete in a highly subsidized business... won't they suffer similar fates to private sector players in other sectors like electricity distribution, electricity generation, Oil marketing and on lower level the municipal waste disposal sector, all of which have been opened up but were hampered due to a subsidized competitor (only banking and telecom seem to be the exceptions so far but they were not subsidized in the traditional sense)... cross-subsidization has been the bane of the Indian Railways...