General Trading Chat

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
Last edited:
The government is planning to stop Garib Rath trains. I don't know how it will benefit the government, but will hit the average traveller. Rather, the government should increase the frequency of these trains because they are always packed.

Government planning to discontinue Garib Rath. Here's how it will impact the common man

KEY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Garib Rath trains will either be completely phased out or will be converted into mail or express trains
  • Railway Ministry has already asked to stop making of new coaches for Garib Rath Express trains
  • Garib Rath fares are less than two-thirds of the fares for air-conditioned classes in other trains, the distance between each seat or berth is less, the seats and berths are narrower and each coach has more seats and berths than in air-conditioned coaches in other trains
https://www.timesnownews.com/busine...eres-how-it-will-impact-the-common-man/456040

Strangely, this was among the good things done by Lalu Yadav as Railway Minister.

At present Surat-Delhi fare is Rs. 915, while on the other trains it is at least Rs. 1350 !!

iwillwin

The government is planning to stop Garib Rath trains. I don't know how it will benefit the government, but will hit the average traveller. Rather, the government should increase the frequency of these trains because they are always packed.

Government planning to discontinue Garib Rath. Here's how it will impact the common man

KEY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Garib Rath trains will either be completely phased out or will be converted into mail or express trains
  • Railway Ministry has already asked to stop making of new coaches for Garib Rath Express trains
  • Garib Rath fares are less than two-thirds of the fares for air-conditioned classes in other trains, the distance between each seat or berth is less, the seats and berths are narrower and each coach has more seats and berths than in air-conditioned coaches in other trains
https://www.timesnownews.com/busine...eres-how-it-will-impact-the-common-man/456040

Strangely, this was among the good things done by Lalu Yadav as Railway Minister.

At present Surat-Delhi fare is Rs. 915, while on the other trains it is at least Rs. 1350 !!
Garib raths should be increased to make travel affordable and also middle class person time equally valued to super rich in society....

That, my friend, is why the trading calls need well defined time horizon, stoploss and targets. This is also why a single method is not really sufficient, one combines it with some other methods and makes an educated guess. The actual trading is and will always remain a leap of faith, a leap into darkness.
Okay

So I did a thorough analysis how my algorithms performed today.
Today market did really bad
So I have added two extra sheets for analysis for the day
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n2ZtPgvDmW5BnHXVVioaZd4r6Wln1PLfXnoPz2NfJVc/edit?usp=sharing

So if you see the sheet TradeLogic, here I have defined a day trade system with stop loss, Target 1, Target 2 and Target 3....
So I first went with completely doing a paper trade by computer (no human intervention). So computer buys at the start price and sets it at stoploss - and then how much profit it makes over the day. Here the negative values would be 0 - as the stop-loss was the price at which it was bought.
Second, I looked into how humans will trade and maximize the profit following graph theories. So, in this case, all stocks- except 1 were definitely positive...

In the second sheet Timeline, I pointed out hourly details of how stocks moved from the window and how new stocks were added. So basically the time when some stocks should be bought -is when it comes to the buying window....

As per the NIFTY thing, I think the Stoploss should be the resistance value...

Last edited:

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
No as what you tell my friend is not on the point. Please kindly read my posts and go through the links and read it in detail to get it how it works in reality. I know it is shocking, but this is how it is.

Kindly study this post again and hopefully you will understand what is going on:

https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/general-trading-chat.96368/page-7535#post-1370448
I completely understand how basic banking and money circulation works. The sub prime mess created by US banks didn't' had any 'deposits' and thus they have to get some money from outside. Beside, there was demand for fixed income instruments due to lower interest rates. So it was money making business for lenders to sell CDO's

This here is a long article about sovereign bonds, and a bit difficult for me to understand, but looks useful. It seems that India has not been much into raising capital through sovereign bonds, so far.

Sovereign Bonds and the Return of Original Sin

https://www.moneylife.in/article/sovereign-bonds-and-the-return-of-original-sin/57709.html

from the article...
"
Surprisingly, the origins of the decision to change currency composition of public debt in India are not very clear. FRBM review committee reports appear to be the most recent source; but the logic used to justify sovereign borrowings is rather convoluted and devoid of any cost-risk analysis.
"