General Trading Chat

TraderRavi

low risk profile
EPFO Interest: Labour Ministry rejects move to lower rate
Government officials familiar with the matter said the labour ministry is of the view that EPFO has sufficient surplus of over Rs 3,150 crore, mainly earned from investments in exchange traded funds (ETFs).

The labour ministry has rejected the finance ministry’s request to reduce the 8.65 per cent interest rate offered in 2018-19 by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation, the government owned pension fund manager, in a move that should bring cheer to 46 million subscribers whose funds are managed by EPFO.

Government officials familiar with the matter said the labour ministry is of the view that EPFO has sufficient surplus of over Rs 3,150 crore, mainly earned from investments in exchange traded funds (ETFs).

EPFO interest rate is determined by the organisation’s Central Board of Trustees (CBT), which does so after assessing the annual returns on the investments. It is the duty of EPFO to pass on the rightful share of the subscribers, the government officials cited in the first instance added on condition of anonymity. EPFO does not take any money from the consolidated fund of the Government of India, and is not obliged to follow the finance ministry’s suggestions, they added.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...ants-epfo-interest-rate-retained-4222701.html

EPFO Interest: Labour Ministry rejects move to lower rate

The labour ministry has rejected the finance ministry’s request to reduce the 8.65 per cent interest rate offered in 2018-19 by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation, the government owned pension fund manager, in a move that should bring cheer to 46 million subscribers whose funds are managed by EPFO.

EPFO interest rate is determined by the organisation’s Central Board of Trustees (CBT), which does so after assessing the annual returns on the investments. It is the duty of EPFO to pass on the rightful share of the subscribers, the government officials cited in the first instance added on condition of anonymity. EPFO does not take any money from the consolidated fund of the Government of India, and is not obliged to follow the finance ministry’s suggestions, they added.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...ants-epfo-interest-rate-retained-4222701.html
Yay.. good for the Labor ministry. The Finance Ministry seems obsessed with lower interest rates.

I think that the interest rates go low only in bad economic times.

That Banknifty is a very impatient fellow. I think that it will now skip over all the other technicals and go straight for 50/200 cross. What do you say ?? :D :D

1563527155769.png

... and that waterfall crash in NCC has had almost 100% retracement. What kind of games are being played here ? Option players ? Or maybe it listened to CNBC which had predicted a target of 76, a few days ago.

1563527845901.png

Goodness !!! Look at the waterfall crash in NCC in the last 1-2 minutes.

View attachment 36346

Is anyone of you investing in the CPSE ETF ??

CPSE ETF anchor issue subscribed 8 times, opens for retail investors today
Sources said anchor investors placed bids for units worth Rs 20,000 crore against Rs 2,400 crore on offer

BS Reporter July 19, 2019 Last Updated at 02:24 IST

The CPSE ETF follow-on offering (FFO) has seen encouraging demand, with the anchor investor portion witnessing 8x more demand than the units on offer.

People in the know said anchor investors placed bids for units worth Rs 20,000 crore against Rs 2,400 crore on offer. Societe Generale, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Copthall, Avendus, ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund, and Edelweiss Mutual Fund were among the institutional investors who placed bids.

The CPSE ETF FFO will be open for retail subscription on Friday. The Centre is looking to mobilise up to Rs 10,000 crore through the latest FFO.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...or-retail-investors-today-119071900067_1.html

Guys
In the start of week my NIFTY forecast was showing 11439 as conservative forecast and 11700 as aggresive forecast....
This ups and downs usually meet in weeks time....
How on earth can I trade so that I make money on these two points that I know...

For example, my models tell now that NIFTY will go from 11519 - 11860....
Now I don't know if it will end in 11519 on Friday or Monday and 11860 on Friday or Monday or any other week day

Guys
In the start of week my NIFTY forecast was showing 11439 as conservative forecast and 11700 as aggresive forecast....
This ups and downs usually meet in weeks time....
How on earth can I trade so that I make money on these two points that I know...

For example, my models tell now that NIFTY will go from 11519 - 11860....
Now I don't know if it will end in 11519 on Friday or Monday and 11860 on Friday or Monday or any other week day
That, my friend, is why the trading calls need well defined time horizon, stoploss and targets. This is also why a single method is not really sufficient, one combines it with some other methods and makes an educated guess. The actual trading is and will always remain a leap of faith, a leap into darkness.