General Trading Chat

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
These guys have inside information...he must have earned more than that by hedging or selling calls of dhfl too....
Didn't Rana ji pledged all his shares already via other holding companies as well? It's kind of hedging if you ask me. Take loan when share prices are high, pledge shares, don't repay let banks take the shares :D

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I was working when the 2008 financial crisis happened.... now I am not working :D
when 2008 happened, none of TV channels or economist had any clue what actually happened :p Then there was a thesis paper submitted by a college girl who described it in easy to understand language and she was interviewed by all biz channels.

edit: this all in US, I bet even many Indian journalist have any clue what actually happened in 2008 US crash

Didn't Rana ji pledged all his shares already via other holding companies as well? It's kind of hedging if you ask me. Take loan when share prices are high, pledge shares, don't repay let banks take the shares :D
I am surprised that big banks accept shares as a security against loan, from these big people, I mean. As far as I remember, the retail clients do not get loan against shares. Some co-operative banks offer upto 25% of the share price, some may offer at face value, but no one offers loans around the market price.

when 2008 happened, none of TV channels or economist had any clue what actually happened :p Then there was a thesis paper submitted by a college girl who described it in easy to understand language and she was interviewed by all biz channels.

edit: this all in US, I bet even many Indian journalist have any clue what actually happened in 2008 US crash
I thought that crash was triggered by Aberdeen selling its 5% stake in Reliance ??

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
I am surprised that big banks accept shares as a security against loan, from these big people, I mean. As far as I remember, the retail clients do not get loan against shares. Some co-operative banks offer upto 25% of the share price, some may offer at face value, but no one offers loans around the market price.
It depens from bank to bank and from country to country. So there is no one rule instead it depends on what is asked and has to be proved for in any specific case.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
things were worst earlier
I thought that crash was triggered by Aberdeen selling its 5% stake in Reliance ??
Bigger picture was it was caused by global crisis of 2008. Which actually started in 2007. The cause of all these were banking changes and risk appetite of bankers in 2005-2007.

CDO, CDO square are to be blamed for the crisis, market was already over heated and no one believed it will go down. RIL went from 900 (after splitting it between two brothers in Jan 2006) to 3000

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member

Bigger picture was it was caused by global crisis of 2008. Which actually started in 2007. The cause of all these were banking changes and risk appetite of bankers in 2005-2007.

CDO, CDO square are to be blamed for the crisis, market was already over heated and no one believed it will go down. RIL went from 900 (after splitting it between two brothers in Jan 2006) to 3000
That's aprox 360% increase for RIL between Jan 2006 to Jan 2008, someone where had asked here question about what happens when there is euphoria. :)

We haven't seen maniac bull run after that.

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures

@siddhant4u : Dear TP made a joke.

Yes, everyone expected a correction, but not a crash. Yes, Reliance went madly up. It was 4000+ at one point.

BTW, what is CDO, CDO square ??

No. That one about Reliance wasn't a joke.